Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums Welcome Forums A big "WHAT’S UP?!?!?!" from Atlanta, GA

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    netkil

:wav:Hello everybody. I’m 35 and I just got into the shape of my life using p90x and I want to use my physical fitness for a real practical use such as learning how to defend myself, my family and the people at my church that I happen to be the head usher of at the moment. One of the men at my church has a lot of experience in various martial arts and he introduced Krav Maga to me in the few sessions we’ve had. I instantly knew then that Krav Maga was the technique for me thumbsup and that I would one day pursue it to become proficient. Well…I’m here and I’m ready so, let me have it!:box:

At the moment I’m looking for a good training center in the Atlanta area so if anyone has any suggestions or reviews they would be greatly appreciated. I’m in Kennesaw if you’re familiar with the area.

THANKS!!!

saruotoko

Re: A big "WHAT’S UP?!?!?!" from Atlanta, GA

Welcome to the forums and howdy from the west coast! There are 6 Krav Maga Worldwide affiliates in the Atlanta area. (http://www.kravmaga.com)

Looks like they are all north of I-20. I’m not familiar with where Kennesaw is, relative to Atlanta proper, but even if it’s a little bit of a drive from the nearest affiliate, I promise you it’ll be worth the effort!

Mario

Welcome. I go to the one in Powder Springs http://www.droegesata.com/ …Love it

I think there is one in Kennesaw that is official

netkil

quote TheAmBASSaDEER:

Welcome. I go to the one in Powder Springs http://www.droegesata.com/ …Love it

I think there is one in Kennesaw that is official

Really? I’ve heard a lot of good things about Droege’s. I’ve also seen not so good reviews about the ATA in Kennesaw. I’ll be at Droege’s soon to check them out. It’s close by and I don’t have to drive 30min to the Atlanta KM & Fitness in Buckhead or Roswell. Have you ever been there? I am curious about the comparisons between Droege’s and AKMF to see if it’s worth checking out. THANKS!

quote netkil:

Really? I’ve heard a lot of good things about Droege’s. I’ve also seen not so good reviews about the ATA in Kennesaw. I’ll be at Droege’s soon to check them out. It’s close by and I don’t have to drive 30min to the Atlanta KM & Fitness in Buckhead or Roswell. Have you ever been there? I am curious about the comparisons between Droege’s and AKMF to see if it’s worth checking out. THANKS!

I have have only been to Droeges. When I was looking into getting into Krav I said I would go where ever I needed, but was impressed with Mr Kisner, so I looked no futher. If you stop by for a class be sure to say hello. Any question just ask, I tell ya what I know.

Steve

netkil

Thanks and will do…

supergirl

hey NetKil! I take class at Atlanta Krav Maga and Fitness. AKMF has two locations, one in Roswell and one in Buckhead. They have classes during the day and night. Also, the schools owner recently got his black belt in Krav Maga, so its pretty cool to have the only black belt in Atlanta instructing some of the classes. I have been training since June (after back surgery in Feb) and it has been the best decision I have made. I have never trained at another Atlanta school, but I will tell you that AKMF’s main goal is to make sure you train the technique correctly, so you can use it correctly! I would highly recommend calling and scheduling to take a class… I may be biased bc I go there and train 5 days a week and love it.

Let me know if you have any questions!

netkil

Wow! You guys are really on it…I’m loving the local feedback and excitement which tells me that you love what you’ve accomplished with KM and also where you train at as well. I think that is very important so, that’s great.

What I’m planning on doing is having an intro class at both Droege’s and AKMF to see for my self what is going to be best for me. So basically I want to review both centers from a completely amateur’s stand point then “maybe” I’ll post the factors in making my decision as soon as I decide. I think it would be cool to see the differences in training, atmosphere, convience and overall spirit between the two since I’ve heard so many great things about both training centers.

But, I will say I’m biased towards Droege’s right now without having even been there simply because of location but, we’ll see…Shucks, I thought Favre was going to pull it out at the end which proves you really never know what your going to do until you’re faced with an attack…poor Brett…who knew?…:dunno:

supergirl

It will be interesting to hear what you see are differences. I can totally understand choosing based on location, but remember that you also want to choose where you feel you will learn best. Both schools are KMWW schools, so at least you know the curriculum has been tested and applied. Again I am biased, but the AKMF instructors are awesome 🙂

Good luck in your classes!

bradm

netkil,
    I trained at Dreoge’s when I lived in Powder Springs. The instruction was awesome. I miss training there. I believe Droege’s and Senior Master Archmont’s school in Kennesaw were the two first schools to offer Krav in the Atlanta area, The first in GA. I think too. They are pioneers. i’ve heard good things about AKMF too. Check ’em both and decide from there.

Brad

netkil

Great feedback guys…I really appreciate it.

Ok, I’m all set up for a Level 1 class next Monday at Droege’s and next Tuesday at AKMF, both at 7pm…I can’t wait to check it out. I’m really excited about getting started. I’ll follow up next week with my synopsis between the two. Thanks again everybody!

See ya Monday!

netkil

It’s Tuesday morning and I feel great after attending a Level 1 class at Droege’s ATA last night.

I won’t get into details and spill all the Droege beans before going to Atlanta KM & Fitness tonight. I’ll give a complete summary of both centers tomorrow. I will say that Droege’s was a good experience and I’m more excited about getting into Krav Maga than I ever was. I will be signing up “somewhere” this week.

I also want to give a BIG shoutout to the TheAmBASSaDEER for welcoming me in last night. Thanks Steve, good stuff man…

quote netkil:

It’s Tuesday morning and I feel great after attending a Level 1 class at Droege’s ATA last night.

I won’t get into details and spill all the Droege beans before going to Atlanta KM & Fitness tonight. I’ll give a complete summary of both centers tomorrow. I will say that Droege’s was a good experience and I’m more excited about getting into Krav Maga than I ever was. I will be signing up “somewhere” this week.

I also want to give a BIG shoutout to the TheAmBASSaDEER for welcoming me in last night. Thanks Steve, good stuff man…

It was nice to meet you Akil! Good luck today, and I hope you decide to come train with us. Im intrested to see how you think the two schools stack up.

safetyal

Hey there and welcome! I train at AKMF and really enjoy it. Plus I should add, I live in Kennesaw as well. :):

Like you, I did a lot of research before choosing. As was mentioned earlier, the chief instructor is currently one of two black belts in the state of Georgia, and truly knows his Krav.

For me it came down to where I work, since I most likely would go to train after work, the convenience of the schedule, and gut feeling about the facility.

All I can say is I am very happy with AKMF, and not just because some of the instructors read these boards.;):

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: