Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums Student Lounge A funny thing happened on the way to see CJ’s dad

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    unstpabl1

I’d recently had major surgery and am in continuing treeatment for about 6 more months.

When I got the diagnosis, I decided to reinvent myself, physically, mentally and emotionally. Krav training was the first thing that came to my mind…but they were many considerations, not to mention intensity and age. i think I spent 2 months on the net and checked out and trained in everything in driving distance

I think the key question in making a decision is “will this make me grow or deteriorate…I looked at krav as deteriorating at my age and put it on a back burner as I looked around. I was not going to train krav a system that I’ve supported on line from day one

Anyway, i went to see CJ’s Dad on a fluke, kinda like the guy, really enjoy watching his class…Wanted to talk to him about an FMA instructor’s class. As i walked in on a bigger lark, I asked for a price list and no sales pitch…now vthe staff figures they got another asshole:wav: as I said I probably know as much as you about krav,,,,winning friends whereever I go

So I sat watching a Level 1 class and Fight intro and all my frustration and agravation about where to train and could I do it started to lessen

next day, I show up to watch a day class to see how to protect myself thru it and meet Sam Sade, Mike Burton and Jarret Arthur? Thanks for the help

So I went in abdsolutely not interested in joining and joined. Why? There are many reasons, but remember what I said about making a decision. Well, I wasn’t sure the system would make me grow or detiriorate, due to current issues, so I was confused. What tripped it over was the people I met and the realization that it was the path with heart..just walking thru the door is growth…..oh and I really like it…really suck at it, but really like it

So I’m at KMSO, hiding under an alias in the backgound….the only thing that might give me away is the wheezing or the vomit bag hanging out of my back pocket. Or the cape I wear with UNSTPABL1 emblazoned in gold lammae…I’m sweaty but stylish

Really grateful to the instructors and students who’ve helped me out the last two days…its a great school

mike

mara-jade

Re: A funny thing happened on the way to see CJ’s dad

So, you finally figured it out, eh? Resistance is futile, you WILL be assimilated – Let’s get that out of the way right nowrofl2rofl2rofl2

Congrats man – glad to have another KM’er on board. :beer:

I’ll be cheering for ya and I’d appreciate the same. Honestly, hubby and I have lost weight but this last part hasn’t come off all this time. Our problem – we like to friggin EAT and hubby’s cooking skills don’t friggin help me either. rofl2rofl2rofl2

stevetuna

Mike, I’m coming out to spy on you in S.O. – be ready!

You are very fortunate to be able to train with people that I think are the best of the best. They’re very fortunate to have a student like you to train. Enjoy it, and get stronger every day!

garddawg

Good for you Mike. Gym owners there is a lesson here. Build community and you will be successful.

unstpabl1

quote stevetuna:

Mike, I’m coming out to spy on you in S.O. – be ready!

You are very fortunate to be able to train with people that I think are the best of the best. They’re very fortunate to have a student like you to train. Enjoy it, and get stronger every day!

I better see you, 9/11-9/13, even just to meet after class…you got my number

unstpabl1

quote garddawg:

Good for you Mike. Gym owners there is a lesson here. Build community and you will be successful.

HEy GD…miss you, gotta get over to your forum.

good point…I felt very supported by the staff and instructors and I definitely have issues. Sam Sade `within a minute started laying down a nutrition program plus…didn’t get all of it, but will in near future, every instructor gave me outlines on how to procede… everyone has listened and wants to help. That idea of we;re here to help you, community, is very apparent so far at KMSO, from instructors, staff and students

stevetuna

quote garddawg:

Agreed.

russell

now sean has to change his signature quote for you from “i dont even do krav” to “now i do krav”

unstpabl1

quote russell:

now sean has to change his signature quote for you from “i dont even do krav” to “now i do krav”

I don’t think so , cause if you ever saw me do krav, you’d say, that guy ain’t doing krav….I don’t know wtf it is, but it ain’t krav:cool:

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

The flip side is now when I see you wondering the hallway I say “oh sh1t Mikes here I need to bring my A game or he’s going to post a review about it” 🙂

tech94

haha i noticed cj’s dad has already changed his sig..thats too funny..i love it

unstpabl1

quote tech94:

haha i noticed cj’s dad has already changed his sig..thats too funny..i love it

Ouchrofl2Going to take me along time to get that changed. Thats too funnyrofl2

unstpabl1

quote CJs Dad:

The flip side is now when I see you wondering the hallway I say “oh sh1t Mikes here I need to bring my A game or he’s going to post a review about it” 🙂

Not sure I can do reviews anymore…I’m vulnerable and the instructors scare me. Luckily, there’s only a couple of you who know who I am….I’m sure your not telling:OhMy: each other. Probably have to give up the cape though.

On the plus side got class in last 3 days feel old ,but really good. One hour class equals 3 hour nap, 3 redbulls, a 2 hour thai massage and vicadin.

Truth is I feel better after class, much looser. Not really sore at all. The classes`are really well thought out and different daily. Really happy I joined

saruotoko

quote unstpabl1:

Not sure I can do reviews anymore…I’m vulnerable and the instructors scare me. Luckily, there’s only a couple of you who know who I am….I’m sure your not telling:OhMy: each other. Probably have to give up the cape though.

On the plus side got class in last 3 days feel old ,but really good. One hour class equals 3 hour nap, 3 redbulls, a 2 hour thai massage and vicadin.

Truth is I feel better after class, much looser. Not really sore at all. The classes`are really well thought out and different daily. Really happy I joined

Well, Mike, we’re glad to know you like the sense of community at S.O. It does start at the top, and as an instructor there, we work hard to make it feel that way. It ‘felt’ that way to those of us that have been there since the school opened, and we want to keep that going.

It’s not always easy, but it’s clear that it’s worth the effort. Thanks for joining the fun. 🙂

Mario

aviatordave

quote unstpabl1:

Or the cape I wear with UNSTPABL1 emblazoned in gold lammae…I’m sweaty but stylish

mike

On another unrelated forum I frequent, we say “If you don’t have pics, it didn’t happen.”

So where are the cape pics? :):

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: