Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics a question for any IKMF instructors

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    kevin-mack

what is “rooster fighting”?

andy-m

Re: a question for any IKMF instructors

Hi Kevin,

I am an IKMF instructor, but have not heard the term “rooster fighting” used in connection with KM before. Sorry I can’t answer your question mate.

Cheers,

Andy

kevin-mack

well..I have an old copy of the Practioner Level one test requirements and under the section that says..”other curriculum” and under “reaction games”…it lists rooster fighting and I have no idea what the hell that means.

andy-m

Hi Kevin,

I went back and had a look at some old P1 notes as well, and see what you are talking about. I may have learnt the exercise by a different name, but unfortunately not by the name “rooster fighting” so can’t help I am afraid.

shooter

Different games. Jump on one leg, fighting with another tryining to make him loose balance and put the other leg on the ground.

In the family with one sitting on the back of another. Now the team tries to pull other teams out of balance.

miriam

quote shooter:

Different games. Jump on one leg, fighting with another tryining to make him loose balance and put the other leg on the ground.

In the family with one sitting on the back of another. Now the team tries to pull other teams out of balance.

Hmmm… not what came to mind from my first read of the original question. :OhMy::Surprised:

You mean “chicken fights?” The one where you sit on someone’s shoulders and try to knock over someone else who is sitting on another person’s shoulders?

They do that in a Krav class?

shooter

Well, I believe I used it once this last season for the beginners as part of the warmup.. So yes it is used, although not very much.. 🙂

Ah… The magic word…

quote shooter:

…warmup…

I’m sure there are some here on the board who disagree but I figure, if it gets the blood moving anything is ok once in a while.

I have also heard a really good argument for playing “child’s games” as a warm up.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: