Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics A Question for Bogatyr

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    policynutz

Bogatyr, as I have seen many of your posts defending CKM (even though this is a KM website), I am wondering if you can answer a few questions for me. I checked out your website, http://ckmrochester.blogspot.com, and it states things such as “personally trained by Moni Aizik in CKM (and certified to teach), which is taught to the most elite commandos in Israel”. My question is this: if CKM is apparently taught to Israeli commandos, who are supposed to be the most elite of soldiers, and you are a certified instructor of this system, how elite is the training of these soldiers when an instructor can be certified in 4 days? I have been on the CKM forum, and it is almost as though there are more instructors than practicioners, and at the end of every post, underneath the posters name it states ‘level 2 instructor’ etc.
    As a former soldier, it is offensive to me, (and likely to others who are or have at one point represented the profession of combat arms) that one can put on fatigues, take a 4 day course (I don’t care how much cardio you did or how long you were knocked out by Moni’s rear naked choke) and then believe that you are trained at a level (and are eligible to teach) of CQB which is so superior that it is apparently the “official system” of IDF commandos. If all you get is 4 days of training and you are a certified teacher, how good would the quality be that the IDF commandos would get?. I urge you to reconsider taking money from citizens who honestly belive that they are learning to protect their families, buy performing gun and knife disarms from an instructor that was certified in 4 days. To even be a civilian instructor in the IKMF requires 180 hours of training, which is far more than a CKM instructor needs to be certified. The prestige of telling everyone that you are an ‘official Israeli martial arts instructor’ is not worth misreprestenting your abilities to the general public, leading them to believe that they can be safe from those who wish them harm. The whole point of teaching self defence is, or should be out of legitimate concern for the general well being of the public. How honest can your concern be for the public when you take money in exchange for teaching them unproven techniques that you yourself were only certifed in after 4 days? If you want to be a commando so badly, and shave your head and wear fatigues all the time, why not join the service and attempt to undertake real commando training. At least then you would honestly be protecting society rather than putting them in danger.

admin-d45
    Keymaster

Re: A Question for Bogatyr

With all due respect Iím not sure this is the proper forum for this discussion.

As such Iím closing it before its linked from the CKM forums and unnecessary outcry from their camp ensues.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The topic ‘A Question for Bogatyr’ is closed to new replies.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: