Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics A serious hypothetical

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    j-frank

I’m marooned on a desert island for 1 year, I have no previous MA training, and I sincerely wish to begin KM training when I finally make it back to civilization.

What should I do in the meantime to prepare for KM?

andre

Go online and start ordering the KM DVD’s 🙂
    I couldn’t help it.

cyco-miko

cardio cardio cardio!

Get a mountain bike or something for when you are on that island or do lots of jogging. I know when I started I was always gassed by the half-way point of class for about…7 months.

daki

Locate the monkeys (because these islands ALWAYS have monkeys).

Tie bananas to your body.

Taunt the monkeys.

Run!

The best thing you could do to prepare is general fitness exercises. Isometrics and cardio work would be your best friends to get the endurance strength up.

dkst

Are there Miller Lite girls there and a bbq grill? If so don’t leave, don’t worry about Km, enjoy:)

Sprints, Sprints, Sprints, that is what you should do.

andre

Remember the nature of our training. It’s not just cardio, it is explosive start stop action.

ryan

Anaerobic exercises, mostly. Explosiveness training, like Andre suggested. It’s really not much cardio, relatively speaking.

g-v

Re:

quote \”dkst\:

Are there Miller Lite girls there and a bbq grill? If so don’t leave, don’t worry about Km, enjoy:)

This man makes sense. 😆

garddawg

Thank you,
    DKST
    ANDRE
    RYAN
    My blood pressure can go down now.

klem

garddawg
    Sprints and anaerobic exercises may be better for KM, but cardio would be better for your blood pressure. 🙂

anonymous

Why would you be worried about learning KM when you are on a lonely island? You’re the only one there, no one’s going to attack you. 😕

jjbklb

Shark-dodging.Great cardio!

lazlo

Well, don’t nap under a coconut tree. We were warned of this while in Tahiti. Tourists are, tragically, killed every year. Oy.
    😯

karlhungus

If you have a gym on this desert island, check out http://www.crossfit.com and start researching the WoD’s. If you can do crossfit for a year before Krav, you will be in great shape.

If there isn’t a gym…. push ups, sprints, sit ups, squats, burpee’s… etc. Every bodyweight exercise you can think of.

Post more specific details if this situation becomes more than just hypothetical.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: