Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Advice on mouth guard

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    eason

Can anyone recommend a good mouth guard for level 2 training? I just passed our level one test a week ago. Which, by the way, was nearly 6 hours of absolute chaos, organized chaos that is. I have trained with weights for nearly fifteen years, cardio three times a week. However, the sustained intensity of the test drove me to new levels of physical, and mental, endurance that I would have never thought possible.
    But I digress, back to the mouth guard. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Eason

mara-jade

Re: Advice on mouth guard

Congrats on getting through your test! Yeah, sounds like oursthumbsup

Other than having a custom made one (can be $$), I’ve read shock doctor is pretty good. Haven’t bought from this site but thought you’d wanna get an idea

http://www.awma.com/index.cfm/action/displayProducts/level/8|71.htm

michaelmall

Wally world carries the brain pad for cheap>

phlegmon27

I’ve had about 5 different guards, and my fave is still the $1.99 black plastic from walmart.

sadders

You cant beat a custom made one.

kirsten

SHOCK DOCTOR. almost 20 years of training and I can tell you they are the BEST on the market I have ever seen. You can get them at any sporting goods store or online.

nate

Yeah I’d go with Shock Doctor – their gelmax or whatever the new thing is. It’s like 10 bucks at the sporting good store and it comes with dental insurance! It’s like you’re makin money! Ok not really.

But they’re the heat moldable ones so you can get a good fit and most of the Shock Doctors have a gap to make breathing easier.

leejam99

one advise about the fit. when you put them in to your mouth/teeth, it should fit tight so that it doesn’t come off when you open your mouth. you should have to remove it with your hands. if it just falls off.. you need to re mold it.

smokelaw1

I’ve tried ShckDoctor, the 2 buck boil and bite, and just about every other commerically available guard. Not one of them gave ME good protection, decent fit, comfort, and breatheability.
    My wife recently got the the FightDentist guard. You do the mold yourself, then send it in to them. It is really pricey (about 150), but it fits great, so I wear it more, I can breath, so it is where it needs to be, and is comfy.
    I could not recommend it more highly.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: