Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    bulb98930

This was as my first day as a level 2 so I don’t feel too bad about it but…I was shown a round kick with a step and eventually moving into into choke from behind with a pull. (Dunno if that made any sense :dunno:)

I am having the hardest time trying to get this. Any suggestions or videos on this?

nate

Re: Advice please

The attacker round kicks and then does a choke from behind with a pull? Defender does choke from behind with a pull defense then switches to attacker?

It sounds like the instructor is probably combining techniques just to make the drills more interesting and add stress.

carpecanis

Just think back to your first L1 class… I bet things didn’t make too much sense then either…

I had the same problem on my 1st L2 class too. I went in there feeling like a genius after passing the L1 test and I felt that this new stuff would be a breeze… well, not so much…

Then I made the mistake of thinking I knew what I was doing when I had my first sparring session. Yeah, that went well… I discovered the hard way that I’m an idiot-savant with out the savant part.

Give it time and practice, and soon enough it’ll all make sense.

Oh, and the official Complete Krav Maga book makes a great cheat sheet too.

bulb98930

Sorry about the late reply. The move is a choke from behind with a pull. I am supposed to pluck with both hands and then there is a turn and I am supposed to burst in with a round kick with a step. I hope that makes more sense.

I had my instructor show me the kick itself again and it looks like I just need more practice. (I know shocking right!?)

bracius

Interesting

leejam99

it can be a round kick or a straight groin kick. if you end up with a good position where his groin is open, you just make the kick with the closer leg. If his leg is in the way of his groin, you do more of a round kick to reach the groin. If you end up where a kick just doesn’t make sense… attack with another weapon that make sense.

bulb98930

quote leejam99:

it can be a round kick or a straight groin kick. if you end up with a good position where his groin is open, you just make the kick with the closer leg. If his leg is in the way of his groin, you do more of a round kick to reach the groin. If you end up where a kick just doesn’t make sense… attack with another weapon that make sense.

That makes sense. Thanks! I finally got around to having my instructor show me the kick itself again and it looks a lot more do-able the 2nd time around with the choke.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: