Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Afraid my ego will get me in trouble, any suggestions?

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    caliwt

What? Wing Chun used against cops!!! Maybe that is why it can be done with cuffs and shackles on :D. That was way back though, Master Yip Man was a dectective and taught a group of dectectives in modern times.

I have always heard that the open hand chop was illegal in California but have never varified it. It was said that after the Billy Jack movies alot of people where getting chopped in the neck and 😯 😳 really hurt!!!

heath

Re:

Another thing to remember- as martial artists who train often, we like to think that people who make challenges and such are bullies, but are really weak, cowardly people. Well, remember that a lot of them can still mangle you. Maybe they’re bigger than you. Or maybe they’re mentally unstable and won’t stop until their thumb is jammed in your brain. Or maybe they have a weapon, or some friends you don’t see. Maybe you’re facing a Taxi Driver type, who holds his hand over a stove to build up pain tolerance. Maybe he spends an hour or two every day hitting a heavy bag, even though he has no formal training (like my brother). You never know who you’re dealing with. If they wanted to learn effective techniqes, they could just go out and buy Get Tough. Or, better yet they could find things like the Army Combatives Manual online. If you look at the thread about brachial stuns, there’s a link of techniqes that are all sentry killing techniques- how to sneak up on someone and murder them with a knife. A little research and a little training could teach you all about armed and unarmed fighting techniques. Another reason not to get in fights- you never know who you’re dealing with.

I also wanted to add to this post that … I have seen and met people who ignore alots of the advice on what to do and turn the game around on you both physically mentally those ones are truly the dangerous ones you got to watch out for. If you tried every bit of piece like walk away , make him think and stuff like that. These guys are not accountable to the police or the court system or God. They do not care if they live or die nor do they care if you live or die either. This is another reason why not to brag how tough you are because pretty soon you will meet various people some who will stop at that advice you learned to stop the bad guy or meet the one who goes past the advice you were given and goes ahead and beats you up to death. I know it is human nature to brag how tough you are but there is gonna always be some one much meaner badder and more dangerous than you. I also learned from those military manuals. They help alots of Deaf people defend their lives against violent crime not just Krav Maga but from American Israeli and Russian hand to hand combat etc. So it does not pay to want to try and beat somebody up. You never know this 140 lb. guy destroys this 280 lb. guy in a matter of mere seconds and he looks like a nerdy type somebody you can run all over and control him till he has had enough and learn those things. That is my point and why many Deaf people are fed up with evil and cruel men and go out learn these things then eventually they come to a point in their life when they realize THERE IS GONNA BE SOMEONE ALWAYS BIGGER BADDER AND MEANER MORE DANGEROUS. so be humble enjoy life don’t worry about those idiotic punks who want to ruin everybody’s good day. Once you accept this fact and are able to control yourself a whole alots better through self discpline and controlling yourself then life gets a whole alots more easier 😀 and that is why you do good to anothers as you would want to be treated good or except bad results from people ( I know even if you do good some people are just plain a**holes ) SO ENJOY LIFE !!!

adomsky

thanks for all the input guys, i really appreciate it.

although, i think some of you are taking this the wrong way….i don’t WANT to fight…i certainly don’t go around picking fights or acting tough, i’m just afraid if someone comes up to me and says something (which happens a lot) that i’ll immediately want to fight…but after reading this i think i’m going to have more restraint. thanks guys!

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: