Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    leftie79

What do most of you do after a test? Do you just carry on like you had a regular class? Go home, take tylenol (or other choice) go to sleep? Go eat a huge meal? Hang out with friends etc? Most of my tests have consisted of just continuing on with my day. They are usually in the morning and finish in the late afternoon. I will go and eat because I didn’t want to eat very much before or during the test. It also depends on what time the test is, whether or not you go home and go directly to sleep. Curious what you all do. 🙂

jjbklb

I went home,had pizza & tylenol,& rested for the night.

I was so tired & sore that I couldn’t sleep more than 2 hours that night.

la-revancha

After each leg of Phase training (in L.A.), my ritual is to play the role of Hometown Host and lead a caravan to the Hooters on the Third Street Promenade. There’s nothing like a coastline sunset, some cervecitas, and some bubbly waitresses to bring closure to the spartan week of training.

If the delegation is on a tight schedule (flights back to their respective homes), we go to Maloney’s next to UCLA and feast on buffalo wings.

Fun times. 😆

brentw

Hey, I was never invited to Hooters? What gives?

BTW – nice signature. 🙂

la-revancha

Que pasa, Brent?

My bad about the invite. Please join us after Expert II (come July, hopefully).

I’m nostalgic for that CA coastline….

brentw

Doing pretty good. Back in action anyway. I never pass up Hooters.

Coastline?? Don’t they have hypodermic neeles, sewage, and condoms on the east coast?

la-revancha

😆 Guess you’re right.

Yeah, I’ve been told about the \”Cony Island Whitefish\” that appear round these parts. Real coastline is a distance from DC, though, and only the truly valiant/stupid would jump into the Potomac.

Speaking of sharp objects, I remember during last year’s Summer Camp, Tina and Jarrett were leading us on a morning run of the surf by SM pier. \”Something\” cut the ball of my right foot. Took about 3 weeks to heal.

armor-all

Hey, I’ve waterskied a number of times in the Potomac. Maybe this explains why I’m so valiant! 🙄

C, are you heading down to Ryan’s in July for the Bas/Randy Couture seminar?

la-revancha

😳

Time will tell, compadre. My tenure in DC may be concluded before then. But I’ll do everything in my power to make it.

Hopefully we can find a nearby Hooters afterwards.

wiccaman

Hiya,

FWIW, a gang of us tested tonight and we all went to the pub afterwards to compare injuries.

Which is fairly typical anyway.

Don’t think we have Hooters over here. Not sure that the girls in the class would approve. Mind you they’re willing to be seen with us blokes so their standards can’t be that high 😉

Stay safe,

Al

leftie79

Here’s another after test activity…does anyone ever go in a hot tub or take a hot bath to soothe your muscles and sorness? I don’t know if that would be recommended or is it better to just tough it out?

clfmak

Remember that scene in Jaws, where the guys are in the bar showing off their shark scars…

leftie79

Re:

quote \”CLFMak\:

Remember that scene in Jaws, where the guys are in the bar showing off their shark scars…

Ha ha, I could see it now…a bunch of KM students going back to class after a brutal test, gather in a group and say, \”hey, man, I got this from a 360 defense, and this bruise on my shin from a block…\” I could see it now. 😆

rosie

For me the hot bath comes first, ice of injuries if necessary, and THEN the restaurant. I think the hot bath and the ice help my recovery time.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: