Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    ffdo

OK, this exercise builds reaction and SA and has the added benefit of making people think you are totally whacked.

This can me done in KM class or better, any sort of classroom/work environment with a three or four or more people.

OK, one guy is designated as the ëtarget.í You put a tennis ball out and ask someone at some point to take the tennis ball and throw it at your head at some point in the next five to ten minutes then the target goes back to whatever he/she was doing before.

What this does is it gets the target used to looking at peopleís hands for weapons. It builds SA on suspicious behavior. It trains one to watch for movement with peripheral vision and it trains people not to let a possible threat behind you. And it trains to block a fast moving attack when you arenít expecting it.

Has anyone else tried anything like this? You can also do this with a plastic gun or knife.

JC

beachfront71

Your getting soft on us… What happened to your kids shooting dart guns at you!

I assumed your next training would involve handcuff’s, a large area of grass, and mortar rounds.

😀

kravron

Dangit beach…you stole my idea…only it wasnt mortar rounds it was proximity/motionsensor landmines.

ffdo

Ohhhhh, trust me, a handball or tennis ball thrown full speed at the head hurts. I wanted to do this with one of the spring airsoft guns BUT the pellets can take out an eye, and I would hate wearing those stupid eye goggles while I waited to be attacked, and don’t think anyone else would agree to get popped by one if they missed the defense.

JC

clfmak

Working on your ninja star defenses, huh?

ffdo

OK, and this one is very tame compared to ninja stars, land mines or mortars, but, next time you are on a bus/train/subway etc etc, stand instead of sit. Take a stance and maintain balance as it starts and stops. Try different foot positions and such. It is a great doable example as to how stable you are in a fighting stance vs how easily you fall over if you arent…..

JC

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: