Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums KM Techniques & Krav Maga Books Animal Day – Geoff Thompson

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    jaspthecat

Not specifically a Krav book but relevant nonetheless.

The book addresses the feeling of fear in a confronation and the requisite to pressure test MA training as not to ‘come apart’ in a real life altercation.

It’s a short book (got it yesterday and read it in a couple of hours) but it talks nicely about some of the mentality of fighting which is something that we elude to, but perhaps do not go into in a whole lot of depth in our Krav journey.

stevetuna

Re: Animal Day – Geoff Thompson

I have read many of Geoff Thompson’s books and would agree wholeheartedly with you, Jasp. I’ll look for Animal Day today. Another person I’ve trained with suggested that I pick up his DVDs as well. Maybe Santa will be kind!

Thanks for the recommendation.

ryan

We run “animal days” here, based on GT’s teachings. Good stuff, under the right context and supervision.

jaspthecat

quote stevetuna:

I have read many of Geoff Thompson’s books and would agree wholeheartedly with you, Jasp. I’ll look for Animal Day today. Another person I’ve trained with suggested that I pick up his DVDs as well. Maybe Santa will be kind!

Thanks for the recommendation.

Which other books have you read? Are there any others with a MA / SD emphasis.

I’m going to read the ‘Fear, the Friend of Exceptional People’ today, so am hoping it’s worth a read.

zvor

Art of fighting, without really fighting is great

stevetuna

quote jaspthecat:

Which other books have you read? Are there any others with a MA / SD emphasis.

I’m going to read the ‘Fear, the Friend of Exceptional People’ today, so am hoping it’s worth a read.

My favorite GT book is “Shape Shifter”. It’s much more about life than about martial arts, but it all meshes at some point, doesn’t it? Jeff Jimmo actually gave it to me with the instruction to pass it on when done. I liked it so much that I ordered a few extra copies and gave them to friends.

Watch My Back is about Geoff’s time “on the door”, working security at nightclubs. It was interesting, but it got a little repetative (guy acts up, guy challenges Geoff and the boys, guy gets his ass knocked out, next…). He does a great job of showing how he faced his fears by this experience and how he ultimately realized that violence wasn’t always the way.

The Fence, The Three Second Fighter – The Sniper Option and The Art of Fighting Without Fighting are very self-defense specific. Geoff Thompson is all about the reality of a fight, which is why his stuff is such a good fit with the Krav Maga mindset.

I just ordered Animal Day.

jaspthecat

cheers, I’ve looked at some of the titles you mention and will be having a personal gander in due course.

ryan

You can’t go wrong with any of them, no matter what your “journey” is.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: