Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Another gear question: Gloves

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

I’ve been looking on ebay and a few other places for gloves. I’d love to get a pair of Faritex for the pure “gear snob” effect but I honestly have no clue what to buy.

The guy I train with most says to get leather but other than that has no idea what brands are the best.

I’ve been looking at…
    1- Windy
    2- Twins
    3- Revgear
    4- Everlast
    5- Random Crap

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

Re: Another gear question: Gloves

Sorry for the hijack I wanted to test admin add poll feature.

No sweat…

giant-killer

Fairtex for hitting the bag. They are very durable. I’ve had mine for years and they are still like new. I use Reyes for sparring, because they mold themselves better to the hand and feel more comfortable. Fairtex gloves are originally made for Muay Thai, Reyes for boxing (the puncher’s glove!).

h2h

I like my RevGear.

vwr32

i’ve had my eyes on a pair of full grain leather gloves from Rival, but don’t see them in the list. Are they considered some of the “other” random crap?

blindfold

I would like to know what some of the other people think are the best?

Is there one that doesn’t smell so bad after the first 6 months?

dave-bluestein

I used to use Fairtex before there was Revgear. Paul, who owns Revgear (and is a Krav Maga Black Belt, might I add) is constantly improving his gloves after getting input from instructors. The gloves he has on the market now are as good, if not better, than anything else out there. Just my opinion, of course 🙂

clfmak

Gloves for what? For bagwork I wear century bag gloves, but they’re not the best in the world. I got them from a friend who they didn’t fit. They’ve held up well, though. For sparring, I’m a fan of kempo gloves because I can go from unarmed to stick and knife sparring without changing what’s on my hands, and its easy to take out your mouthpiece or do other manual tasks with them on. I prefer them to boxing gloves since you can do other things with your hands like grab etc, and I prefer them to MMA gloves because if you’re sparring properly they will wreck you. For weapon work, the kempo gloves are nice because they protect your thumb and back of hand well and don’t limit dexterity too much. You just have to be sure to get some laceless wraps, since they have a really annoying lacing system.

la-revancha

A few weeks ago, I tried on a prototype Revgear model of boxing gloves. Forgot which one it was, but VERY nice.

My Fairtex bag gloves fell apart early, yet Brent’s never did. And Cleto Reyes is the absolute apex.

quote CLFMak:

Gloves for what?

I should have been more specific.

For sparring. Our sparring group is going to use 16 oz boxing gloves.

lotar

I use Reyes, for bag work and sparring, I know there expensive, but I don’t care, LOL.

16oz for the bag and 18oz for sparring.

Craig.

giant-killer

The Reyes are a bit softer than the Fairtex, so for hitting the bag, Fairtex may be better. Reyes for sparring. They fit really well.

clfmak

I’ve realized over the years that when buying gloves, heavy bags etc that you’ll usually save money by spending a little extra on good gear instead of buying the cheapest stuff and having to replace it when it breaks or wears out fast.

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

I still have a pair of VUT I wear that are over 10 years old. BUT I tried those new Rev Gears out (the red ones) and really liked them.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: