Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    lor

I’m a 35 y/o female who is looking to learn some serious self defense. I started Krav 3 weeks ago, and though I’m sore to the point of wondering if I *really* need to lift my arms to brush my teeth 😯 , I enjoy my class.

Glad I found some Krav forums ~ I look forward to learning from you guys.

*leaves to hunt down some Advil*

mara-jade

Welcome! Yeah, I remember my first class. I started with the K.O Cardio class. It seemed like I stopped every 10 minutes – I was so out of shape.

Taking my level 1 test – think it was 5 hours. Got home around 2, showered, passed out and didn’t wake up till 8pm. I was sore for 3 days – that was great!

Working on level 3 – taking my sweet time though. You’re gonna love what KM does for you. I’ve lost 20 pounds – now if only the other 20 would go 😀

Kick a$$!

lor

I’m developing a love/hate thing in regards to the conditioning aspect of KM. I work out on my own time, but I’m not quite used to the \”drill until exhaustion\” approach. 🙂 In time, perhaps.

jl

new

Lor

A fix to the toothbrush dilemma. Bend at waist until you can reach into your mouth with the brush. Move head back and forth until teeth feel clean. problem solved. 😀

Seriously, welcvome to the forum. I hope the soreness goes away soon. Make sure you hydrate and get proper nourishment, this will also help in the recoup time.

Good luck and stay with it.

Mara-jade….don’t tell her about the L1 test, you’ll scare her away. 8)

lor

I’m far, far away from the L1 test, so I’m not even going to entertain the idea. I’m at the stage where I celebrate getting through each class. 😀

Thanks for the warm welcome.

tough-girl

Oh, but there’s a trick to the Level 1 test…be part of a group of 3! A bit like cheating, but all of us left the test feeling great, while the others in pairs were exhausted.
    The soreness should subside soon, but you’ll keep getting your share of war wounds. Eventually you’ll go around showing them off 😆

lor

I have one small wound, to which my instructor said, \”Yay, your first burn!\”

Another first: We started learning inside defenses. Let’s just say I’m not so hot at deflecting jabs yet. I stop them nicely with my face though. 😛

Thanks for the tip!

tough-girl

I had the inside defenses down, until I had to counter with a straight punch in \”controlled\” sparring. Let’s just say the only thing controlled about it was that I wasn’t allowed to use other moves…my partner didn’t show any mercy on my nose. You’ll get this down, and then there’ll be something else…part of the fun of Krav, we’re always finding new weaknesses and fixing them 😛

njl

I just started in Nov and I already feel like a new person! 😀

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: