Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    maddogmean

Firas Zahabi of Tristar gym weighs in on which martial art in the king of the streets.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfu7YRjd86Y

He also extends an invitation to any Krav Maga practitioner to take part in a multiple attacker simulation.

cearball

Re: Any takers?

I kinda agree with some points of the video. Submission grappling for one on one match fights & striking for multiple opponents.

I don’t agree that most street fights are one on one match fights or that you don’t need to practice hit areas like eyes or groin to be able to hit them. People practice hitting the jaw people practice kicking the thigh. You need to practice targeting these areas to be good at it.

kmyoshi

What I got from the video is that you need to train in multiple arts and carry a force multiplier such as pepper spray, which requires training as well.

The general consensus is and always has been to cross train if possible.

Is Tristar in Montreal?

don

That guy rubs me the wrong way big time. Seems like he’s got a huge chip on his shoulder and a bone to pick with Krav. He also argues about the possibility or lack thereof of having a multiple attacker scenario – yeah, right. All the statistics against something happening will not mean jack sh1t to the one person it’s happening to!

You want to argue semantics? For “king of the street” self defense or martial art? I say Gun and/or Knife/sword – any takers wanna prove me wrong? The guy who ran his mouth during that video? Any of the badasses from his gym? And yes, my personal definition of martial arts encompasses weapon, including firearms!

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not disagreeing with the philosophies and principles of what he’s saying but I’m pretty sure he’s Not as well-rounded/experienced as he thinks he is…

maddogmean

I thought the same thing about multiple attackers.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: