Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    lions2011

I enjoy MT but it seems too many of the gyms are poorly run and totally disorganized.

KM classes have a nice structure and they even lay out a total plan every week.

I am think I am going to quit MT this summer I am really angry how dysfunctional my experience has been. I have been taking some privates in MT at $55 a pop and learn 100 times more than the stupid class.

My point is it seems that KM is maybe the only Martial arts that displays a detailed schedule everyweek.
    MT you could see a technique and never see it again for 10 months. While in KM you know you will catch it again next month if you forget.

lions2011

Re: Anybody doing MT

Also it is very hard to even approach much instructores in MT. While in Krav they encourage questions.

I think MT is good to learn but very very hard to find a good gym that actually teaches you stuff.

doublestrike

Hi lions2011,

With all businesses and services in life, you must first do your homework and due diligence. The same goes for selecting the right martial art school for you (i.e. MT, Krav, Joe’s McDojo, etc.).

With today’s technology and easily accessible information (i.e. Yelp.com, etc.), it is very easy to find reviews from other people who have taken / gone to these various schools. From there, you can then make an educated / informed decision. And even after you decide on a school, there’s a possibility that the school or style isn’t right for you.

In regards to your comment about too many MT gyms are poorly run and totally disorganized – that’s your entitled opinion but it’s not the general norm. I personally know of 4 MT gyms in my town that are highly respected and provide top notch instruction to their clientele. Heck, there are tons of really bad KM schools out there as well – but they are primarily people who are not actually certified by any KM body and/or people who are trying to capitalize on hot buzz words that’ll bring people in through the door.

One of the reasons why KMWW is so successful, is that it has a solid business foundation. All of their instructors are certified to teach their specific levels and they teach them both the techniques and HOW to instruct. In addition, their standards are very high throughout their organization (i.e exams, instructor training, etc.).

Good luck in your training

simon

Pay no attention to the village idiot, I think admin allows him to post purely for comic relief.

No one takes him seriously.

lions2011

I do not post here much. Simon do not read my post then and shut up. I have been to many gyms and just speaking of my experience and nothing more. Just calling it as I have seen. Plenty of idiots who only think Krav is everything. Krav has plenty of dumb fanatics too just like BJJ who are not smart enough to see the bigger picture.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: