Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums KM Techniques & Krav Maga Books Anybody in Bas Fight club class???

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    lions2011

I am thinking about joining this later this year or very early next year to get more hands on experience.

Does the fight club class have any takedowns or clinch or ground stuff. If so, can you please go into details.

Thanks.

kirsten

Re: Anybody in Bas Fight club class???

Sorry, I haven’t been on the forums much since I opened up my third training center so I missed this. Your instructor would be the obvious choice to ask this question of, but I hope this helps to at least maybe frame some more specific questions of your instructor regarding their classes. To summarize each class it would look a bit like the following:

Intro To Striking: Is the jumping off point where you reinforce the stance (same as KM stance), movement, kicks, knees, punches, elbows, etc. as well as shadowboxing, introduction to the MMA Workouts to enhance muscle memory, how to use the focus mitts and thai pads. Additionally this class starts to build on the “loading concept” of utilizing the power gained from trunk rotation in an alternating manner. We begin building students into the idea of contact through the padwork to prepare them both physically and mentally for sparring.

Fight Club 1: Is where we build on the concepts in the Intro to Striking class and add in additional advanced combinations, defenses and counters, traditional thai clinch, Bas’ clinch and defenses. Here we begin adding in the idea of changing levels and we introduce the student to our glove2glove concept to further the concept of gradual acceptance to contact. We also start with our first level of sparring: Body Only Punches, Leg Kicks Only, Body/Leg Only, and Combined with No Head Contact.

Fight Club 2: In Fight Club 2 we continue the method of building on the previous levels material and add in striking from the mount, side mount, guard, knee on belly, etc. Because you’re striking needs to change slightly depending on these positions and how you can gain power by making small adjustments. We add in the elbow combinations to the striking. We also work on what we believe has been an underserved part of many sparring curricula which is the transition from standing to ground. We work basic takedowns and defenses, keeping it practical and easy to utilize. We build on our sparring methods in Level 1 by allowing for light contact to the head.

Fight Club 3: Keeping with the building concept we now tie together the previous programs with some dynamic combinations that challenge not only your cardio in a way only Bas Rutten can do, but your ability to make the striking all “flow” (without thinking about which hand to use, which foot to use). Advanced drills and combinations are added to further push the muscle memory. Sparring is now taken to a new level with the integration of the takedowns/defenses the students have been training on and fighting on the ground.

Our belief is the less you think about what is needed to do in sparring or fighting, the better- just like in Krav Maga. The problem is, typically we are all “jumped” into sparring and students get hurt and quit. The Fight Club gives you the tools, training and ability to form a game plan so you can begin to work the actual sparring and not stumble through it just getting your butt kicked. For those not used to contact, we also recognize that it is imperative we build this just as carefully as we do mindset. Throughout the training we provide the student with lectures on building your mindset, recognizing holes in an attack, stress management and more. We want you prepared to build your sparring so when in a fight with no rules, you can better handle the stress both physically and emotionally.

Hope that helps.

lions2011

Thanks Kristen for your comments. You own your own school.

Did you get extensive training in LA or Tel Aviv ??

Does Krav have any face track programs where they offer extensive training and possible ownership program of franchises.

I am only in level 2-3 so my skills are years away from that level.

Just curious is all.

lions2011

I am training in Arizona these days but may move back to Oregon later next year. I go back and forth sometimes but been in Phoenix now for the last year or so.

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

She owns 3

Shes also the driving force behind the Bas Rutten fight program, an amazing instructor, accomplished Law Enforcement officer and instructor and the little sister my parents don’t know about.

In short, shes the baddest chick I know.

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

Oh and thats her husband my sons beating up in my avatar.

lions2011

I wish I could get some training with her on some of this Bas stuff.
    Would be nice to learn some basic take downs and grappling.

kirsten

Awe, thanks CJ… Checks in the mail brother! 🙂

I started out in traditional martial arts in 1991 but made the switch to Krav Maga in 2000, a year after opening my first training center. I am fully certified as a civilian Krav Maga and Krav Maga Force Training instructor, but my focus has been mostly on the force training side. In 2004 I started getting addicted to Bas… and in 2009 I began working with Bas Rutten Systems as an instructor teaching the Bas Rutten Systems “Fight Club” program.

Krav Maga Portland is a Bas Rutten Systems “Fight Club” Level 1 and now Level 2 certified training location. So if you get back there, they will have some great take-downs, defenses, clinch work and ground striking that will most likely be new for you.

kirsten

I should add, that this past year we have been working very hard at Bas Rutten Systems to get more seminar based training to people. We have been sending Bas, Oneness Fish, Lee Mein, and myself out to more locations for a variety of seminars. Our 2012 calendar is filling up fast with even more dates, so maybe we can get to you in the coming year. 🙂

lions2011

Bas was one of the most FEARED fighters of his time and still is.
    The guy has a great personality and sounds extremely intelligent.

I still love hearing BAS stories on the internet where he used to be a bouncer and had to take out several guys or something.

He is a legend and always will be. Sure when he is 100 years old he will beat up most guys in there 20’s.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: