Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Anyone get the The Essential Krav Maga book

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    rick-prado

by Christophe Philippe.

Anyone out there have a chance to check it out yet.

I received it today and it contains basic yellow belt material with some gun/knife/multiple attacker things.

Not bashing anyone here, but I felt that the book could have been a lot better if there were more to it, kind of like Imi and Eyal’s book and David Kahns.

kravjeff

ordered mine a while ago but haven’t received it yet … You just reminded me that I didn’t pick up the maile today – maybe it’s here???

mara-jade

Ordered mine awhile back too. Last I saw it may ship tomorrow 😀 . Does it not have a lot of illustrations in it?

anonymous

I think you two may be confusing the book Plantman mentioned with the KMAA book that is supposed to come out soon. I haven’t seen either one yet, but I assume the KMAA one has a lot of pictures. At least that what it appears, judging from the cover.

kravjeff

nice catch GK – I was thinking of the other book

anonymous

So, did anyone get their KMAA book yet? What is it like? I went to Barnes and Nobles last Sunday to take a look, but they were closed because of some stupid tree lighting ceremony. Haven’t had a chance to get back yet.

whatever

BTW, what level – or background – the writer has? I mean writing a book about KM – or karate, kung fu etc. – is big responsibility, and hopefully the reason for the book is rather sharing experince then making name in the business. Because there are big names there, still no book.

kravjeff

Re:

quote \”whatever\:

BTW, what level – or background – the writer has? I mean writing a book about KM – or karate, kung fu etc. – is big responsibility, and hopefully the reason for the book is rather sharing experince then making name in the business. Because there are big names there, still no book.

This is a great point – I could write a book on nuclear physics with enough references – Doesn’t make me qualified.

I’ve never heard of him – Here’s what I found:

CHRISTOPHE PHILIPPE, French Police Official, discovered Krav Maga in 1994 while taking part in a training program under the tutelage of Richard DouÔeb. After being involved with many martial arts and combat sports, he decided to dedicate himself exclusively to Krav Maga, as he is convinced of its effectiveness and considers it to be completely suitable for law enforcement. In 1996, Philippe spent time in Israel to complete his training and was introduced by his teacher, Richard DouÔeb, to Imi Lichtenfeld founder of Krav Maga, with whom Philippe shared his plan to introduce this self-defense system to the French Police. Back in France, with the approval of the European Federation of Krav Maga, he instituted introductory training seminars exclusively for law enforcement personnel. In 1999, Christophe Philippe created the Association of Krav MagaPolice (AKMP). Its objective is promote and teach Krav Maga within law enforcement in France. Christophe Philippe continues to teach Krav Maga to police and civilians and to further his own education under the tutelage of Richard DouÔeb, the disciplineís official representative in Europe.

anonymous

I’m not sure Richard Douieb could be called the \”official representative of KM\”, since there are a number of different organisations in Europe.

kravjeff

is purportedly the head of the \”European Federation of Krav Maga\”

anonymous

I think he is. But that’s just one of many organizations over there. They also have IKMF, IKMA and some smaller ones I think and Krav Maga Worldwide is operating there, too. So, if he calls himself \”official representative\” it sounds a bit as though his is the only legitimate organization, when in fact that’s not so. But I think he’s a good teacher from what I’ve heard (haven’t trained with him).

h2h

I just got the book last week. Most of the techniques are \”advanced\” i.e guns, stick, Vip protection and such..it is similar to what we learn in level 4/5.
    I disagreed with few details on the techniques but overall I think the book is good.

On a side note, I had the chance to train with both Richard and Philippe when I was in Europe .While their style is a little bit different from the US, it is still very effective. IMO Richard Douieb is a KM reference in Europe and Philippe has been his student since day one.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: