Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Anyone Seen Ong Bak? and I Introduce Myself

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    reverend-sin

I’ve got it on DVD (its coming out in theatres but has been on DVD for a long time already) and it’s an awesome movie, usually you see Chinese or Japanese martial arts in movies and this time it’s all about Muay Thai. I highly suggest renting it or going to see it in the theatre if its out in your area next friday.

Hello, My name is Rev. Thomas Sullivan, I’m new to Krav Maga and this forum but I hope to be a frequent visitor. I’ve been training Muay Thai for a year and I love it, and I hope to get into Krav Maga here in Hawaii soon, I think it would be really good for my fiancee to learn to protect herself when I’m not around, she’s a very small woman and when I moved to Hawaii a month ago I thought that locals harassing white people was a joke, but lately the harassment has become more violent to our person and she is only 5’4 and about a hundred to a hundred and twenty pounds with no background in self defense, so it would be very good for my peace of mind to have her learn Krav Maga. I heard there is a location here in Hilo but I haven’t been able to find out anything online other than the yearly seminar at UH@Hilo anyone else know anything?

Thank you very much for reading this, I hope to be a frequent visitor to this forum.

caliwt

That movie has the best chase scene of all time!!!LOL

But really, The thai boxing in it is sweet. The Actor who is the star is really talented. I love those knees and shins to the head and neck….

Welcome to the board…

reverend-sin

Re:

quote \”CaliWT\:

That movie has the best chase scene of all time!!!LOL

But really, The thai boxing in it is sweet. The Actor who is the star is really talented. I love those knees and shins to the head and neck….

Welcome to the board…

My two favorite entrances of all time are when he fights the big English guy that calls him out and the guy he knocks out in the beginning with that knee across the chest, it just happens so fast and spontaneously its like \”OMG WHAT HAPPENED?! \” I really loved the chase scene as well, especially the part where the goofy dude picks up the knife and then the old lady walks by with a basket full of machetes.

I hope to go to Thailand and train someday, hopefully soon I’ll be able to find this Krav Maga school in Hilo so I can go there and learn a bit more to round out my fighting style. Thanks for the welcome 😀

caliwt

I love that part with the bucket of knives!!!! It is so three stooges/buggys bunny meets jackie Chan…

Well, you know the movie is something different right from the start with that tree climbing contest….some of those stunts look like they hurt!!

My friend brought the DVD back from Thailand. It looks like we are ahead of the game on this one Rev

reverend-sin

Re:

quote \”CaliWT\:

I love that part with the bucket of knives!!!! It is so three stooges/buggys bunny meets jackie Chan…

Well, you know the movie is something different right from the start with that tree climbing contest….some of those stunts look like they hurt!!

My friend brought the DVD back from Thailand. It looks like we are ahead of the game on this one Rev

Yeah, I learn Muay Thai but I’d give anything to learn it like he learns it, he does a lot of stuff that I already know how to do (of course he does it faster with more power) but theres also a lot of things that I saw that I never got to learn when I was in the Mainland US, that’s why I want to go to Thailand and train and use the other martial arts I listed to really round out my education.

leftie79

When did this movie come out on DVD? I guess I should go rent it, sounds ver interesting.

caliwt

I do not think it is available in the states. My friend brought it back from Thailand. It is an Asian Movie so you need to check in Chinatown or your local Asian comunity market….I guess 😆

l8

I think that the movie is being released to theaters in the US this week.

reverend-sin

Re:

quote \”L8\:

I think that the movie is being released to theaters in the US this week.

Yes it gets released on friday and I procured my copy from a friend in Juarez…. 😯

leftie79

I will definetley have to check it out. Do you think it’s available on Amazon.com to purchase or do I have to go somewhere else like an electronics store/video store to rent or purchase?

bradm

It was just released in the Theaters in Atlanta this past weekend. Haven’t seen it yet, though.

alny1

😯 IS IT IN ENGLISH OR DO I HAVE TO READ?

reverend-sin

From what I heard they dubbed it and even added in some Wu Tang Clan songs but I hate rap and it was good enough in Thai I prefer watching foreign films in their original language with subtitles, but that’s probably because I’m going to school for my World Languages and Advanced Translation degree. My two favorite things are Martial Arts and Foreign Languages *drool*

clfmak

Rev. Sin- foreign language and martial arts? I recommend the Indian movie Asoka. Its got acrobatic Indian martial arts, a smoldering Indian Antonio Banderas, a crazy ten foot long flexible sword, and random explosions of song and dance. There’s also a few odd things that are lost on a Western audience (ex. there’s a point where this guy in a peacock suit walks by- he’s the god of war and foreshadows a fight, but it never mentions this).

leftie79

Here is a link for the movie that I found on another board (funny that it was mentioned after hearing about it here first).

http://www.ongbakmovie.com/

Someone on the other board (where I found this site) said that 22 people were sent to the hospital who were in the movie.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: