Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums Student Lounge Anyone Xmas Shopping Yet?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    mara-jade

Heck, I’ve had stuff since oh..August. I had a great 300 set for hubby but NO, he decided last weekend he wanted to look for it. I had to spill the beans..dangit. That’s ok, he’ doesn’t know that set I bought has 2 other DVDS. I’m almost done with his stuff.

I’m making stocking stuffers for the gals on my list with items from my favorite companies.

Anyone else wanna chime in?

ETA – On the poll, no one will see who voted, so you lurkers..come out..come out wherever you are 😀

giant-killer

Dude, (or gal 🙂 ) it’s barely November. We’re still having heat related fires here. No, haven’t even thought about it. I may remember around Dec 24th. 🙂

mara-jade

Woman, prices get jacked up on and after Black Friday. I AINT going out there shopping – screw that.:D

The wonders of online shopping in your jammies – can’t beat it;)

stevetuna

You got me in the Christmas spirit now, Mara Jade. I just went to Amazon and ordered “The Karate Kid” for my girls. (I hate when they don’t get my my Mr. Miyagi imitations!).

I also ordered a pull-up bar for me…

mara-jade

Long ago in a galaxy REALLY far away, I lived for the black friday sales but heck NOT NOW:D. Online shopping and gift cards are just so friggin convenient. I did go to the mall earlier in the year for special gifts but pretty much lately – online rules;)

maskedkat

Ugh – I hate mall shopping! Yes, online rules!
    I can’t believe it’s almost that time… maybe I’ll do a sequel to last year’s Krav Maga Kristmas poem.

giant-killer

Oh, yeah, or repost the old one. KM poems make the perfect stocking stuffer! 🙂

mara-jade

Re: Anyone Xmas Shopping Yet?

If anyone’s one of those Black Friday bargain hunters, I recommend checking out this site

http://blackfriday.gottadeal.com/

For deals in general, I’ve found some great ones here
    http://www.deals2buy.com

Enjoy:wav:

vwr32

quote mara_jade:

For deals in general, I’ve found some great ones here
    http://www.deals2buy.com

Enjoy:wav:

Not everyone “trusts” the internet. My mom just recently made her first online purchase… and they sent her the wrong size. She hates the malls too, but thinks someone is going to steal her credit card number if she uses it on the internet. It’s probably less safe to hand it to the waiter at a restaurant than making online purchases from reputable stores.

When you say “great deals”, you’re not kidding. As an example, the last lens I bought for my camera I found for almost $600 less than the local camera store. New. Full warranty etc. My biggest problem is procrastination tho. Now is the time to start shopping, even if it’s just for ideas. I always wait ’til the last minute, then promise myself I’m going to do everything early next year. Thanks for the link, it’s given me a few ideas already.

mara-jade

Oh I don’t blame her. There’s some sites I won’t ever buy from again – terrible service, etc. Buy.com is one of them..I lost out on a great deal because C/S (from India) didn’t understand they screwed up my order. No offense meant to any Indian folks reading, but those I dealt with I couldn’t understand for SQUAT and I spoke perfect English.

There is an alternative. Citicards and Discover give their members the ability to generate virtual account numbers. You use these only online, you can set the time limit and amount and the vendor can’t tell the difference (you get that 3 digit code and expiration date just like any other card). Only time these don’t work is if they do like a preauth before running the actual purchase. If the number isn’t set up as recurring, it gets declined the next time.

Something to consider if you have accounts with these companies thumbsup

vwr32

Finished our Angel Tree shopping yesterday.

Have a couple gifts done so far, getting the “Christmas spirit” from having to deal with all the mall traffic etc. Only one gift bought online so far (camera).

mara-jade

quote vwr32:

Finished our Angel Tree shopping yesterday.

Have a couple gifts done so far, getting the “Christmas spirit” from having to deal with all the mall traffic etc. Only one gift bought online so far (camera).

I had to exchange ONE thing and get something else, so I”M DONE:woohoo:

giant-killer

So my new HDTV is in the mail then? :woohoo:

bradm

Gift cards, gift cards and more gift cards for everyone. Let them get something they want. When my family asks me what I want for Christmas, I tell them gift cards (preferrably to the BMW dealership). If not the BMW dealership, then Lowes or Home Depot will do.

mara-jade

quote Giant Killer:

So my new HDTV is in the mail then? :woohoo:

Oops..knew I meant to get something.:D

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: