Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Appropriate gear/attire for Krav seminar?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    new2krav

I’m getting ready to go to my first Krav Seminar…what is the appropriate attire for class, and is there any gear I need to bring (mouthpiece, cup, gloves, tape, etc?)

mara-jade

Re: Appropriate gear/attire for Krav seminar?

Welcome to the forum,

Best bet is to call the location where the seminar will be held and ask. What’s needed depends on what you’ll be working on. Our women’s seminars we ask folks to be in comfortable clothing since they’re gonna get sweaty. Our seminars equipment needed we’ve provided.

If you’ve got your own gear, definitely wouldn’t hurt to bring it with you.

kmman

I bring a cup anywhere I think I may even hear the words Krav Maga.

happyloaf

I second the cup and a mouth piece probably wouldn’t be a bad idea since you do not know anything about your training partners. Personally, I like to wear athletic shorts or fight shorts and a wicking Under Armour (sp?) shirt since I sweat profusely. I do not like wearing the krav shirts as I get too hot and sweaty and the ironed on logos make me break out in a rash.

unstpabl1

quote KMMAN:

I wear a cup daily:woohoo:

ali-s

quote KMMAN:

I love it! If I were a dude, I’d wear a cup to everything. You just never know! 🙂 But seriously, in Krav – it’s always better to be safe than sorry.

It protects the babymaker – and gives a very satisfying ‘pop’ sound when you make contact. And yes, I make contact.

mara-jade

Who said only guys wear cups? Hubby grazed me ONCE (wasn’t even that hard). No way I go to class without minethumbsup

ali-s

quote mara_jade:

Who said only guys wear cups? Hubby grazed me ONCE (wasn’t even that hard). No way I go to class without minethumbsup

I’ve thought about getting one – getting bumped in the ladybits is NOT fun at all.

I saw a special sports bra at the local fight shop, that had places to put a cup. That seemed a little extreme to me. Very Madonna circa 1990’s.. :):

mara-jade

I’ve seen the sports bra at title and it looks just look too restrictive to me. You mean like this?

http://store.titleboxing.com/super-chest-guard-sport-bra.html

I currently have this – good way to get into wearing one of the dang thingsrofl2
    http://store.titleboxing.com/fgpp.html

and this – this one I need to get some of my ‘pouch’ off – VERY good but the pouch and this got in the way of my groundwork
    http://www.redmangear.com/index.cfm?method=Products_detail&productID=35

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

quote ali_s:

I’ve thought about getting one – getting bumped in the ladybits is NOT fun at all.

I saw a special sports bra at the local fight shop, that had places to put a cup. That seemed a little extreme to me. Very Madonna circa 1990’s.. :):

Seems to me last time I saw you you had a red man suit on. I just assumed you always trained fully protected.

ali-s

quote mara_jade:

I’ve seen the sports bra at title and it looks just look too restrictive to me. You mean like this?

http://store.titleboxing.com/super-chest-guard-sport-bra.html

I currently have this – good way to get into wearing one of the dang thingsrofl2
    http://store.titleboxing.com/fgpp.html

and this – this one I need to get some of my ‘pouch’ off – VERY good but the pouch and this got in the way of my groundwork
    http://www.redmangear.com/index.cfm?method=Products_detail&productID=35

Those groin protectors are intimidating! 🙂

Yes, that’s along the lines of what I saw for a bra – the guy at the shop said he’s never sold one..

ali-s

quote CJs Dad:

Seems to me last time I saw you you had a red man suit on. I just assumed you always trained fully protected.

HA! Nope, only on special occasions…

mara-jade

quote ali_s:

Those groin protectors are intimidating! 🙂

Yes, that’s along the lines of what I saw for a bra – the guy at the shop said he’s never sold one..

Nah, it’s not once you break it in. I don’t care to sing soprano for anyonerofl2

On the chest protectors – my center has the heavy duty ones the students can use if we end up doing techniques like defensive kicks in class during sparring for instance

ali-s

quote mara_jade:

Nah, it’s not once you break it in. I don’t care to sing soprano for anyonerofl2

On the chest protectors – my center has the heavy duty ones the students can use if we end up doing techniques like defensive kicks in class during sparring for instance

Don’t blame you there! That’s cool you have heavy duty chest protectors. If I’m working with someone who kicks reaaaally hard, I just use two pads 🙂

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: