Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Are Ikmf And Kmww Levels Interchangeable?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    rweekley

Right now, I am taking IKMF and getting ready for my P1 test. But I may be moving to Tennessee, where there is no IKMF, but there is a KMWW. Will KMWW recognize my P1 level or do I have to start over. Also, I will only be in Tennessee for a couple years for an internship and will move back to my IKMF site. Will they, IKMF, recognize my levels gained in KMWW?
    Thanks!

bear34

Re: Are Ikmf And Kmww Levels Interchangeable?

quote rweekley:

Right now, I am taking IKMF and getting ready for my P1 test. But I may be moving to Tennessee, where there is no IKMF, but there is a KMWW. Will KMWW recognize my P1 level or do I have to start over. Also, I will only be in Tennessee for a couple years for an internship and will move back to my IKMF site. Will they, IKMF, recognize my levels gained in KMWW?
    Thanks!

I study with IKMF in Minneapolis(going on P4) and think you might as well start over, testing wise. From what I have seen from Darren Levine’s Krav Maga book, there is a pretty big difference in early levels between groups. Many defensive techniques that IKMF does early on are later in KMWs curricullum. I would like to take a few KMW classes though because when I meet KMW students, I am intrigued with the differences in style. Have you ever trained with Avi or his group from Israel? Mindblowing.

rweekley

quote bear34:

I study with IKMF in Minneapolis(going on P4) and think you might as well start over, testing wise. From what I have seen from Darren Levine’s Krav Maga book, there is a pretty big difference in early levels between groups. Many defensive techniques that IKMF does early on are later in KMWs curricullum. I would like to take a few KMW classes though because when I meet KMW students, I am intrigued with the differences in style. Have you ever trained with Avi or his group from Israel? Mindblowing.

While Avi will not be coming over, from my understanding, others from his group in Israel will be coming over to administer our P1 test.

bear34

quote rweekley:

While Avi will not be coming over, from my understanding, others from his group in Israel will be coming over to administer our P1 test.

Avi tested me P1 and Israel Tamir tested me P2. Avi’s brother Schlomi has taught several seminars here. Fun stuff. I hope nobody thought I was dissing KMWW in my earlier post.

rweekley

How about this. Say I am in Tenn for awhile, where there is a KMWW training center. What would be realistic level to reach in 2 years, P3 or P4? Say I move up to a P3, then when I move and where I move to does not have a KMWW training center, but has IKMF, will IKMF recognize the P3 level I obtained in KMWW?
    Thanks!

bear34

quote rweekley:

How about this. Say I am in Tenn for awhile, where there is a KMWW training center. What would be realistic level to reach in 2 years, P3 or P4? Say I move up to a P3, then when I move and where I move to does not have a KMWW training center, but has IKMF, will IKMF recognize the P3 level I obtained in KMWW?
    Thanks!

Frankly, I think you are placing too much concern on your rank. However, if you are planning to return to IKMF, why not just email Avi on the IKMF website?

yes Ikmf and Kmww levels are interchangeable, we can change as we wish
    ==========
    workout routines

rweekley

quote eddietaylor09:

yes Ikmf and Kmww levels are interchangeable, we can change as we wish
    ==========
    workout routines

Thanks you!

rweekley

quote bear34:

Frankly, I think you are placing too much concern on your rank. However, if you are planning to return to IKMF, why not just email Avi on the IKMF website?

Honestly I do not feel I am placing that much emphasis/concern on rank. Just what level I achieve, I want to continue learning/progressing.

Because here is sorta my situation in a nutshell. I am in the 1st IKMF P1 class in WV. Since all I have experienced so far is IKMF, I sorta feel like I have a loyalty to them. Then my instructor, I have alot of respect for him and like the way he trains us, hence he has gained my loyalty also, then you add in here both IKMF and my instructor, I feel like I have a loyalty to them since they are all I know.

I am looking at doing a Internship, either in Tenn or Colorado. Tenn has a KMWW training center and Colorado has a IKMF training center. Sad thing is I told my wife I would rather go to Colorado just because there is a IKMF training center near where I would go. No disrespect to KMWW, because I just haven’t experience any of there training yet. Since I really don’t have a choice as far as where I go, that is why all the wondering between IKMF and KMWW. So I am just trying to plan ahead. Not that I am just consumed with ranks. If I go to Tenn and take KMWW, so be it, I just like Krava Maga. My hopes are to come back to WV after my internship and return to my original instructor.

Thanks for your input though. I am new and just starting out.

don

1. ‘If mama ain’t happy, ain’t nobody gonna be happy’…

2. if the internships are different, which will be better for later on down the road (job/resume/etc)?

kmman

I would expect one organization would “honor” the rank of the other but the instructor will have to determine what you need, if anything, to be up to speed with the new organizations rank. In other words, you’ll start at that level but you’ll have to show, over time, that you are profficient so you would not advance until then.

rweekley

quote Don:

1. ‘If mama ain’t happy, ain’t nobody gonna be happy’…

2. if the internships are different, which will be better for later on down the road (job/resume/etc)?

1. Mama wants to go to Colorado

2. Both are for the same position and same promotion potential.

Both are federal gvt jobs, just a waiting game and it puts me in limbo for now. Just trying to prepare for both places.

Thanks, I wanna keep mama happy. Even just knowing a little KM wont protect me from her if I am sleeping!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: