Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Are there competition krav maga matches ?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Does KMWW hold competition matches for people of all ages ? or is this only in the adult division of KMWW ?

I would like to enter some martial art competition matches as moving up the belt ranks of KM please ? :abx:

Are the belt & competition and accomplishments in the U.S.A. KMWW branch transferable once I move to Israel or do I have to start all over again in Israel ?

mara-jade

Re: Are there competition krav maga matches ?

There are no belt competitions in Krav, at least not in KMWW. That’s one of the things that makes KM unique to me. In competitions you have RULES. One of the first things in Krav I learned-there are NO rules.

As for Belt Transfer between KMWW and another organization, probably a center or emailing LA directly could answer that. Hope this helps:wav:

kmman

since we cant compete because the system is based on no rules, maybe we can have forms competition 😉

unstpabl1

A lot of guys in Krav will compete in the sport fight stuff. MMA, Boxing, pankration, grappling. There are vids here of various comps. Its a good tool and krav is transferable

If i recall KMWW has done Pankration/ MMA events as fund raisers in the past, but its not required or even the main focus of the training

johnny0k

Why not compete in amateur MMA or look for a grappling tournament?

No matter where you compete, you will most definitely not be able to use all of the techniques that you have learned in Krav.

Find something that you can compete in and get well versed on the rules. Improve on your ground game or whatever the competition entails.

Karate tournaments are a dime a dozen, but (typically) require you to compete through your school.

Good Luck!

Post back what you find out.

Matches in krav maga would consist of two fighters who will make the safest choice in the situation. I think it’s boring to watch two people de-escalating their fight.

If you want to compete I agree MMA is a good deal. I would however not compete in MMA if you don’t have an experienced trainer with you. This goes for any full contact sport.

I think my question should have been I know for a fact that there are Krav Maga competitions being held all over Israel. What about in the U.S.A. ? My 2nd question should have been are the USA KM classes and belts transferrable to Israeli KM ? or do I have to start all over once I make aliyah to Israel ?

kevinmack

KMWW has kind of burned its bridges with Israeli KM organizations over the trademark issue so its hard to say. It would have to be at the discretion of that particular Israeli org or instructor.
    I would have to disgree with what you said below. I dont think the competitions you are referring to are Imi style Krav Maga but rather Israeli self defense clubs like Dennis Survival and Gadi Skornicks group.

That is too bad as I would like to be able to be in competitions and travel to Israel as well travel the world too as this is any martial artist’s dream. 😎

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: