Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    future-swat

So recently i decided to try out Krav Maga.This year i plan on joining the police force,the eventually when i am able try out for SWAT.The only Krav school i can find in my area is affiliated with ATA taekwondo.I have a black belt in taekwondo from ATA from back in the 90’s when i was a wee little lad lol.Is this a legit Krav school,or just a mcdojo like their taekwondo is.Not trying to offend anybody who loves sport taekwondo but i want a legit Krav school or nothing at all.

saruotoko

Re: ATA Krav Maga?

Hey “Future SWAT.” The ATA school seems to be a Krav Maga Worldwide affiliate, as the images have the practitioners wearing gear I recognize, and reference the main Krav website. Ask the instructors there if they are a KMWW affiliate. If it IS a KMWW affiliate, your training should be rock solid.

I train/teach here in LA and I am part of the Krav Maga Worldwide family.

Peace,

Mario

future-swat

Ok after further research im gonna go out on a limb and come to the conclusion myself that it is legit.It is affiliated with the worldwide Krav Maga association,which also runs this site.If anybody has anything they would like to add though feel free.Im very interested in this.Have been into self defense and martial arts my whole life.Since im joining the police force later this year i would like to get into it.Plus i always like a new challenge and it looks challenging.

future-swat

quote saruotoko:

Hey “Future SWAT.” The ATA school seems to be a Krav Maga Worldwide affiliate, as the images have the practitioners wearing gear I recognize, and reference the main Krav website. Ask the instructors there if they are a KMWW affiliate. If it IS a KMWW affiliate, your training should be rock solid.

I train/teach here in LA and I am part of the Krav Maga Worldwide family.

Peace,

Mario

Ty for your comment.I posted my follow up response just as you respondedthumbsup

krujoe

quote Future SWAT:

Ty for your comment.I posted my follow up response just as you respondedthumbsup

The thing you’ll notice with this KMWW affiliate is that they have 1 certified KMWW instructor for 4 or 5 different schools. The other instructors are certified under the “Master’s” Combat Systems Training. The “Master” is the only certified instructor from KMWW. He takes a lot of liberties with the curriculum and doesn’t teach all KMWW tactics. He mixes; CKM, TKD, Kali, and a bunch of other useless crap.

There is a guy in VA Beach who is trained via KMWW and CKM. He has a Facebook page, it’s called Dynamic Combatives. He’s around the Great Neck area. Drop me a line if you want the exact address. Good luck.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: