Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    huginn

Hello folks, I’ve seen a few fights on the street where people take off their belt to use it as a whip. Getting hit with a belt must be very painful(extra with a beltbuckle?) and I found myself wondering what I would do when attacked in such a manner. As a P2 I’ve had some stickdefense, but a stick is a rigid object and a belt by nature isn’t. Best thing I come up with, is to just get hit and try to grab the belt. I would like to hear your opinions on this manner of attack.

mara-jade

Re: Attack with belt

Interesting question.. Hmm, wonder if stepping in like doing defense against a baseball swing would work? You’d be far enough into them you may not get that much of the belt?:confused:

Well, a quick elbow to the face usually stops arm movement, which stops propusion of the whip, so that’s always a good concept.

On a serious note though, anything that can at least divert the contact point of the belt i.e. your arm to the middle making it curl and hit your arm rather than a more sensitive part of you, should do the trick. I don’t see myself being able to get my belt off w.o the person knowing it or vice versa without me doing something that isn’t conducive to his removal of beltage.

jamesh-d30

Your defense should mimic stick defenses. Get inside and the only thing to worry about is the ‘wrap around’. If you get in deep enough (i.e. defense at the arm), the wrap around is really a non-issue as there isn’t enough enrgy to cause much harm at that point.

dunc

run away,
    as he chases you,
    his trousers will fall down.
    run back and kick him in the head.
    run away.

dunc

blanker

pull is trousers down lol only joking

seriously though he can only strike from 1 or 2 angles with a belt so step inside and kick his arse.

ctkravist

quote dunc:

run away,
    as he chases you,
    his trousers will fall down.
    run back and kick him in the head.
    run away.

dunc

rofl2

clfmak

I seem to recall a story about garddawg yanking down the pants of a sagging hooligan.

kravjeff

I would add … If someone is confronting you and taking off their belt, either get outta there or finish them while they are distracted …

Would love to hear the garddawg story !!!

clfmak

On a somewhat related note, I did some weapon sparring this weekend with one of the weird things I rarely train with- a bandana with a tennis ball in it. It represents any heavy weight in a piece of fabric (a bunch of change in a sock, rock in a bandana etc). You’d be amazed at the force you can generate- a hard, heavy object could easily cause serious damage. In the scenario of this thread, a belt being swung with a heavy buckle at the business end would be much more dangerous than using it as a whip.

bracius

I could only suggest that you would have to burst in and out trying to get your attack to perform the whip with his forearm. When attempting to whip at you with his/her back hand would be the time I would suggest bursting in as the attack would be weaker.

In addition, after the initial forearm led attack, if the attacker does not attempt a second whip using his or her backhand, and instead brings their arm across their body to return to their initial position, then that would also be a good time to burst in. Nothing is going to save you from getting popped but this makes it more likely to make the attack very very weak.

Been in a “belt” fight when I was younger and untrained. The method used then was to swat at it by going in deep into the swing. If you got lucky you would get the belt in several different ways. If not then you charged. The average belt”er” really only has one attack.

If its your above average belt”er”…….just shoot the m0therf#*ker

silas

Personally I wouldn’t worry about a belt much unless it was used by someone with some real skill. A belt buckle may hurt but in serious fight with adrenilin pumping fight/flight taking over anything but a hit in the face you wont even notice go in fast and he/she wont even be able to get any real power behind it and then destroy them before they even register that thier belt attack didnt work. Just my 2cents.

devilnuts

Ditto. Your regular 360 defense should be more than adequate to get you inside and you can finish the job from there.

Bring it up in class 🙂 its good training.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: