Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics [b]What’s Happened to Krav Maga in Central Ohio??[/b]

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 47 total)
  • Author
    jeff-p

Vicious-
    I’ve been HIGHLY skeptical of what DMA has been stating thus far. It seems like it is a solid and a effective program…I just wish they would stop stating that they’re teaching Krav.

Though, it is true, Mike Kanarek is a first degree black belt in KM. He holds it under Rhon Mizrachi, the highest ranking most experienced Israeli IDF veteran Krav Maga instructor in the U.S.

In addition to his military training in KAPAP and more recent training in LOTAR, Mike has trained under Joe Lewis for nearly 10 years, and is a fifth degree black belt in Joe Lewis American Full Contact Karate. He holds a fourth degree black belt in Survival Hisardut under Moti Horenstein, Muay Thai King Cup Super Heavyweight World Champion and SHIDOKAN Super Heavyweight U.S. Champion.

He’s a fully certified Muay Thai Kickboxing instructor and holds other belts, including a blue belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu. He’s been recognized as The Self-Defense Instructor of the Year by the Florida Martial Arts Brotherhood Hall of Fame and has numerous other awards and recognitions.

But in the end…I don’t give a frickn’ rip 🙄

because I want pure, solid, tested and proven Krav Maga. I’ll be in touch with you John.

ryan

No offense, but if you \”don’t give a frickn’ rip\”, why go to the trouble of posting the man’s resume? 😕

Anyway, I concur with John Whitman–check out the gang at Coretactix–they’re great.

jeff-p

1) Because Vicious stated that it was a lie.

2) To provide atleast some evidence that his system has some merit and isn’t just a new DVD marketing scheme.

But yes, in the end, I want to learn Krav and nothing less.

jon-herman

Jeff,

Good to hear. You will likely talk to Jenni. She’s awesome and will help get you any info you need.

I ask, when you visit our facility, seek me out (not that I’m hard to find). Most of all, enjoy the experience. Feel free to ask questions, and like Ryan would say, \”alway challenge your base system.\”

Jon

vicious

i apologize if i was unclear… i do not know the state of the location you were talking about… i was referring to Hagannah being BETTER than krav maga… and… whatever, i realize i probably shouldn’t say anything and just agree with \”check out the gang at Coretactix…\”

jeff-p

It’s cool bro.

marine-mojo

New Coretactix Customer

Just wanted to say that after being out of the loop for two years due to other commitments, I am now back and training at Coretactix. Coretactix has a great facility, great instructors, and have definitely won me over.

If your in Columbus and are interested I would encourage you to stop out. The classes are just flat out a good time (as I massage my wrists from doing outside defense drills). I know I saw a comment about one of the website quotes that somebody thought it seemed like aerobics or something. Well if it is aerobics it is the most sadistic form of aerobics I have ever seen.

I am not being paid for thisÖbut now that I think about it I should get some kind of discountÖWhat say you JonÖ.kidding.

Glad to be back.

jon-herman

I’ll take 10 seconds of your next drill. 😆

Jon

Jeff_p, I think you have your answer now.

Training with Jon, Denise and the others is one of the best things I’ve ever stumbled on. Come in and talk to anyone at the gym and if you’re not infected with the desire to spend as much time in that gym as possible… then you probably are never going to understand (and, not that there’s anything wrong with that… to each his own.)

If you still have questions, PM me or shoot me an email and I’d be happy to give you a call.

Jon H and staff… thanks again for everything you do.

As much as I regret entering the discussion about DMA a few months back — it was bad form for me to name names — I must say I’m so glad that Coretactix is thriving in Columbus.

I’m pretty much a rank beginner — barely passed my L2 test — and I’m currently about six months into recovery from a knee injury, but I know enough to say for sure that Jon and Denise and the others at Coretactix are the real deal. They’re great teachers and great athletes, and are clearly all-around great people.

I think about my training with those guys all of the time, and I can’t wait to get back into getting my butt kicked by them on a regular basis. I’d recommend that facility without reservation.

3sidedsoul

I live in the Logan Ohio, Hocking Hills area and I am currently looking for training facilities for KM in my area. I contacted MH Cho Taekwondo in Lancaster, Master Cho tells me he teaches KM and invited me to sit in and watch to see if I am iterested in joining his classes. I have never trained before, how do I know if I am getting top notch training? I need to train close to home so I cannot travel to the Columbus area so Lancater is perfect but do not want to sacrifice quality instruction for proximity to my home.

Any thoughts or knowledge of MH Cho?

johnwhitman

We have no idea who this person is. We certainly have not trained them.

johnl-d11

Just a note, Gahanna TKD has KM classes on monday and thurs nights.. Joe Wile teaches Mondays and Mark Slane teaches on thurs (his schedule permitting).

3sidedsoul

John L- Thank you for the info. Gahanna is too far for me. It looks like I will have to wait until classes or training become available in my area.

Johnwhitman- Thank you. I may sit in on his class and see what he offers. Are there any certified instructors in the Southeastern Ohio Area, South of Columbus,OH?

klem

3sidedsoul,

One of the problems with martial arts is that it is really hard to have a successful and income producing school. As a result alot of times instructors will tell you they can give you what you want if you sign a contract. Not to bring up stuff already discussed too much on this board, but it is a reason why the guys in LA want to have control about what is being advertised and what is being taught.

Cho is a successful (commercially) TKD instructor. He knows how to make money. I say that as a caution if anyone is telling you they can teach you KM and J. Whitman has no idea who he is. Maybe I’m wrong but I’ll bet that Master Cho didn’t serve in the Isreali Army.

I remember many years ago in Columbus when Aikido was the craze because of Steven Segal’s movies. A big name Kung Fu instructor in town started advertising Chi Aikido (Chinese Aikido). No such thing exists but he increased his income for awhile.

As the old saying goes, \”Buyer Beware\”

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 47 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: