Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    lennykravist

Well not hiatus per se, more a necessary break. So I’ve been out last 2 months because I got married. So in that 2 months I was out, I was in the final stages of wedding planning, then the wedding, then almost a month off for the honeymoon. Welp, tonight I go back! I’m excited, but at the same time dreading it because it’ll be like learning all over again. Anyone have a similar situation? How did you guys “prep” yourself, either mentally or physically? I exercised at my company’s gym last night to start working my way back to physical activity (and am SORE) so that probably wasn’t a good idea! Anyway, input anyone?

Thanks!

R.

doublestrike

Re: Back after hiatus…

Hi LennyKravist,

Congrats on your recent nuptials and kudos for you coming back to train KM. Personally, I’ve taken several “breaks” throughout my training throughout the years due a variety of reasons. Here are just some of the lessons that I’ve learned:

1) Just show up and do it. One of my biggest concerns about coming back to training was the embarrassment and envy seeing other students who have advanced past me during my hiatus. Focus on yourself and don’t worry about others. True skill and ability isn’t always tied to the belt / level.

2) Take it slow. Do not over exert yourself the first time back or else you’ll risk bodily injury. In addition, don’t expect the same level of endurance / stamina from when you were training regularly the first time you return. It’ll take time.

3) Consistency is the key. Schedule your class attendance ahead of time in your calendar and stick with it. It will create a habit and total immersion will ease the break-in period.

4) Practice on your own. Quickly notice what you need to work on (skills that dropped during your break) and spend extra time outside of class on these areas to catch up.

That’s it for now. Best of luck in your current and future training endeavors. Please keep us all updated on your progress. 🙂

lennykravist

Thanks DoubleStrike. I kind of figured that was the answer. Guess I just needed to hear it. Thanks again!

don

Congrats on your wedding/honeymoon! 🙂

katherin44
    Blocked

Its lovely work and much success in your business pains! significantly, the article is in reality the sweetest on this costly topic.

silliboy

It’s a great pleasure to visit your website and to enjoy your excellent work. You have fime ideas. Really looking forward to read more.

katherin44
    Blocked

quote Katherin44:

Its lovely work and much success in your business pains! significantly, the article is in reality the sweetest on this costly topic.

http://plagiarism-checker.info

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: