Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Barnett vs the inked rusky on Pride

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    g-v
    konrad109

Awesome fight. Seems like those body shots and knees to the gut really took a lot out of alexander (the russian inked guy)

g-v

Re:

Al seemed gassed early on. Definitely not his best fight.

problem-bear

That inked \”Rusky\” Josh Barnett fought in the Absolute Grand Prix was Aleksander Emelianenko, younger brother of current Pride heavyweight champion Fedor Emelianenko.
    I thought it was one of the best fights of the night, in fact it was possibly the best MMA event of the year so far.
    I was a little disappointed that Aleks lost, I’m a big fan of the Emelianenko brothers, but he was definitely winning the fight until he gassed and they went to the ground. Surprising because Aleks is a world Sambo champion and is very skilled at submissions and sud defense. Credit where it is due, Barnett is no pushover and did a good job in the fight.
    The one fight of the night that actually had me a little troubled was the beating the Pride officials let \”TK\” Kosaka take at the hands of the nearly indestructable Mark Hunt. That fight could have been stopped about 5 or 6 times before it actually was. TK put up a good fight but Hunt is relentless and hits like a train. Add the fact that he’s eaten the hardest kicks and punches in the sport from guys like Mirko Cro-Cop, Ray Sefo and Jerome LeBanner and barely flinched. Hunt is a monster! I know TK has a lot of heart and can take a hell of a beating but he might seriously have some permanant brain damage after that beating. Poor guy. He wanted to win more than anything, it was his last run in MMA, win or lose, before retiring. He would rather die in the ring than let the Japanese fans down. I wish him the best.
    The Cro-Cop Minowa fight was kind of touching on the otherhand. The fight was a total mismatch from the start and you could tell that although Mirko doesn’t take anyone lightly, he clearly felt bad in advance for what he knew was the inevitable, him taking Minowa apart without even breaking a sweat. Mirko actually showed compassion for the much smaller and out-classed Minowa by easing up on him on a couple of occasions during the short fight.
    That’s out of character for Cro-Cop, who is usually one of the most vicious and sadistic fighters in the sport. Very classy move on Mirko’s part.
    Fight’s I’d love to see set up for the second round:
    Mark Hunt vs. Fujita
    Mirko \”Cro-Cop\” vs. Antonio Rodrigo \”Minotauro\” Noguiera
    Josh Barnett vs. Fedor Emelianenko
    Fabricio Werdum vs. Hidehiko Yoshida

emil

How many times does Zuluzihno have to get beat up for Pride not to renew? I am all for a good circus, but that’s what WWE is for. Fights like this give the sport a bad name.

g-v

Hey dude, lookie here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9GzZCM2r8E&search=kyokushin

Yes, I was of course rooting for the younger, tattooed brother of Fedya. I was suprised that he got so tired, but that was a tough round. Good fight.

g-v

That youtube place is great. Lots and lots of good fights (among other things), and the clips open fast for this here slow dsl.

emil
    daki

Re:

quote \”G.V.\:

That youtube place is great. Lots and lots of good fights (among other things), and the clips open fast for this here slow dsl.

I have to force myself not to go to the site during the day or I’ll lose an entire day of work productivity watching MMA fights.

g-v

Re:

Wow, headbutts and everything! Good stuff. Daido-juku karate, is it. I gotta google it.

Daki, I hear ya, dude. 😆

anonymous

Man, that baby took about an hour to load! Time to get DSL. Good fight though.

sunnysd

Al looked unstoppable, until he got beat! Looks like wrestling beats sambo, at least this time.

Hope Barnett gets to fight Fedor…

problem-bear

Re:

quote \”SunnySD\:

Al looked unstoppable, until he got beat! Looks like wrestling beats sambo, at least this time.

Hope Barnett gets to fight Fedor…

Once again, not to take anything away from Barnett, but I think the only thing that beat Aleksander in that fight was his gas tank. He was totally owning the stand-up until he started to get tired towards the end of the 1st.
    That said, Barnett pulled a nice keylock out after the failed Kimura attempt. That was a good display of quick thinking by Barnett and inexperience by Aleks.
    I want to see Barnett and Fedor fight to. I doubt Fedor will fall into any of Barnett’s traps. He is possibly the smartest, most well-rounded fighter to date, but if anyone can give him trouble, Barnett is one of the few.
    I think at this point, Mirko stands the best chance of beating Fedor if they meet again.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: