Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    ems-warlord

Hey there guys! Glad to have found this forum! I love Krav Maga.

I just bought the Bas Rutten UFC workout dvds.

Anyone have any experience with these?

kirsten

Re: Bas dvd…

You came the right spot! The MMA workouts are a huge hit at all the KM schools, if you do a forum search for them here you will find a bunch of info on the various ways they can be used. Also you can check out his forum too.

Its the most popular workout for self-defense, mma, and the “guy in his garage” systems. The workouts are used by the everyday guy, various systems, professional fighters – pretty much any you can think of use them as both a warm-up and to gauge their training cardio, muscle memory, pad work, etc. Jason Stathem the actor uses them religiously, as well as many other celebs.

So, yep- we are all really familiar with them 🙂 Please feel free to hit us up with any questions you may have… I find teaching for Bas that the vast majority of people are not using them to their fullest potential. We are actually working on a seminar series for everyone right now that is built around the MMA Workouts to keep your workouts fresh and exciting and highlight drills with and without a partner.

Good luck!

ems-warlord

Nice.

Glad I ordered them.

Can’t wait for them to get here. It will be nice to get some structure to my bag work at home when I can’t make it to a class.

unstpabl1

I’m gonna struggle through this question. . I would probably try to go back to class in the next month or so, but going easy and seperating w/o…like 2 a week….I’m bored and anxious to go back…but in the interm I hit a finacial set back so it may take me till summer to walk back into KMSO:thunbsdown:

I saw this thread and thought maybe the dvd’s or cd’s would be a good preparation. I didn’t get enough time in training to lay the foundations of the footwork or strikes krav style. How much different in style is Bas from krav fundamentally? i don’t want to spend a few months training one way, then a year retraining myself. My assumption is it wouldn’t be a problem, but better to ask

Thanks

bradm

Mike,
    I don’t know what the new BAS DVD’s entail. but, I have a set of his earlier ones and I found that they go pretty much hand-in-hand with the Krav workouts.

kirsten

Hi guys,

Back in the day Bas used to teach at KMW and it was he that changed the stance and striking at KM, so you will find that they are well integrated.

I think we are also talking about two different things… there is the “Bas Rutten Big DVD’s of Combat” which is a HUGE DVD series that is instructional on ground, mma, stand up, strategies, etc and then there is the “Bas Rutten MMA Workouts” which are actually set of CD’s with 1 instructional DVD to assist in using the workouts. This one has the famous BR combo’s that everyone has come to know in KM. Both are great, but one is stand up and the other is lots of grappling.

You won’t need to retrain, and everyone that is involved in the Fight program or any other of the classes at KMW uses Bas’ program for warm ups and training. So no worries, train away!

unstpabl1

Thanks guys

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: