Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Bas Rutten workout cd’s

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    g-v

Anyone here use them regularly?

Just got mine a few days ago. Yesterday, wifey and I did the all-around workout cd together. Then, I did the kickboxing cd against the ol’ wavemaster, and finished off with the boxing cd, again, on the bag.

Killer workout.

kravjeff

I do – Especially if I miss a day of class for some reason … Just did the All Around Workout last night … OUCH!

I love ’em too! 😀

bradm

I haven’t worked out with them since I moved about 6 months ago. But, I used to work out with them regularly. Great workout!. I plan to start them agian once I get settled in again.

al

These things have got to be the best conditioning tools on the market. I’ve lost 25 lds. of blubber with them, and seen great improvement in my hand speed when sparring. Bas is the man!

g-v

Cool, happy to see others dig Bas’s workouts.

My wife loves that all-around workout cd, did it with me again today. I tried to do the all-around fighting cd right afterwards…but had too hard a time getting up from those ‘defense’ callouts. 😆 As a trade-of, did the second track of the thai boxing cd on the bag.

Anyone here use a slip bag, btw? I use those minute rests in between the boxing cd to duck and weave around it.

kravjeff

I haven’t, but would love to have one.

g-v

Make your own! All you need is something not too hard and the size of a fist or boxing glove that has a little weight to it, tied to a length of rope and suspended from the ceiling.

I made mine using a cheap vinyl football stuffed into a tube sock.

kravjeff

I think I’ll try it – Thanks for the idea. Oh yeah, and thanks for mentioning that it shouldn’t be too hard. I suppose a cinder block or a brick may be a bad idea. 😯

tn-krav

I have just been taking Krav for about 2 months now. I really enjoy it! I have a few questions for anyone who would like to respond. I typically go to class once to twice a week and workout 3 – 4 days a week.

1. I would like to by some Krav CD’s to supplement my class training. Any suggestions? I see some on line, but I would like some input.

2. I have a heavy (warter filled) bag. Any suggestions for other training equipment.

Thanks in advance!

g-v

I heard rice is a good thing to use. Fill an old sock with rice, tie it in a knot, hang it chin-level by a rope, and….you’re rockin. 😉

kravjeff

tn_krav –

I’ve not actually watched the DVD’s available through this website, but have heard good things about them. David Kahn has a book out called Krav Maga: an Essential Guide to the Renowned Method which isn’t bad.

Nothing in my opinion can replace class, though supplementing isn’t a bad idea. If I were you, I’d give up a workout or two, and attend class more, or try to do both.

Other workout equipment — I’d like to lift weights more often than I do, but don’t own any and don’t have the time to train in Krav and go to the gym. I own a heavy bag and a jumprope, and use Bas Rutten workout CD’s at home. If you don’t have any formal MA or fighting experience, you’re going to want to work on your footwork to make your defense and combatives effective. A jumprope is one of many ways to do that.

Good luck!

bradm

Jumping rope is one of the hardest things for me to do. I just can’t seem to get the hang of it. Guess I’m just a clutz! 😥 When I was taking classes and we used the jump rope to warm up, I may have been able to get 20 0r 30 jumps before I tripped over the rope.

kravjeff

Never said I was any good, just that it was good for fitness and footwork!

tn-krav

Thanks! I may try jumping rope, and basics on the bag for now. May consider CD later. I have the David Kahn Krav book. It it seems to be imformative. I really like taking krav though. One class there was low attendence and instructor had us doing ground work UFC stuff. It was totally different, but very fun. I really enjoy the cardio part of it.

g-v

I gave up the whole jump-rope thing, personally. Timing and footwork (as well as warming up) are probably better served by shadow-boxing.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: