Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums Student Lounge Bas workout question

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    kior

So I got hold of the bas workout cds that I’ve heard a lot of guys here you use. I was watching the video for the thai tape and had a question – Bas moves forward to throw his knees as obviously it’s a short range attack. When using the CDs would you also move in close to throw a hook as I know we use them as more of a short range attack then boxers or thai boxers tend to do?

oneness

Re: Bas workout question

We dont always move forward with our knees. It all depends on the distance of the opponent.

As far as the hook, it will also depend on the distance to the opponent. You made need to add a single step, you may need to burst and you may even need to slide back or to the side. Movement and using the correct strike for the distance is the key.

For us, a hook goes from about a 90 degree bend in your elbow to just before you fully straighten your arm. Most think, its only with a 90 degree bend. We really try and seperate from a straight punch and a hook. We do this to set up our overhands and even our hooks.

If you have more questions PM me or email me and I will elaborate more.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: