Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums Student Lounge Battle of Thermopylae

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    mara-jade

One of the cable channel’s has been showing 300 for days now. I came across this DVD I got for free awhile back when I got 300 for hubby. It’s really cool.

Thought it would kick off a discussion-seems YouTube has it – broken into 3 parts though

Battle of Thermopylae

Part I
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbZcEaenYn8

Part II
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2IaHcshiwA&feature=related

Part III
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mzmzxpsabU

unstpabl1

Re: Battle of Thermopylae

Buy your husband “Gates Of Fire” by Stephen Pressfield, great historical novel….pissed me off they made 300 before Gates Can’t wait to watch your link

michaelmall

This is MAAAARRRAAA!If they had known krav
    the story would have been different.haahaa

mara-jade

Hubby and I love watching this kind of stuffthumbsup

mariusnc

I am fascinated by the Spartan culture and mindset. I highly recommend Gates of Fire!

unstpabl1

quote MariusNC:

I am fascinated by the Spartan culture and mindset. I highly recommend Gates of Fire!

You got good taste in books:):

kravmdjeff

Marius, before you get to enthralled, do a web search for the terms “Helot”…

Basically, the helots were the slave class in Ancient Sparta. Every so often, they would declare partial genocide in the streets of anyone who was a helot. This had a few major sociological purposes:

1) It prevented the helots from becoming so numerous that they could overtake regular Spartan citizens in a revolt.

2) It intimidated the living helots into doing anything else but what their masters said.

3) It allowed the Spartans an opportunity to develop a bloodlust in their warriors-in-training in a void of actual combat situations.

So, while the culture and mindset are certainly unique, it’s not always as glorious as we’d like to think.

la-revancha

Read this book:

Approved by Jeremy Stafford, T.J., and probably many other LEOs and military folk.

unstpabl1

quote La Revancha:

Read this book:

Approved by Jeremy Stafford, T.J., and probably many other LEOs and military folk.

I recommended it first:razz: And actors know more about literature than copsrofl2Pressfield also wrote a book called The War Of Art. Though for artists its about a how to overcome the number one enemy of the human race…RESISTENCE…you know the resistence you face everytime you think about doing something positive like going to the gym or eatring clean or going back to school or doing stand up comedy etc etc etc

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: