Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    chopper

Hi everyone,

My question is about the belt ranking systems used in krav and other martial arts. Are the standards for advancing levels (recieving belts) the same at all krav schools? Does every krav school follow the same list of techniques at each of the levels or does every school have their own curriculum?
    Iam also curious how it works in Jiu-Jitsu, does every Jiu-Jitsu school have their own standard for each belt and teach the same techniques at each level?

Thanks alot

h2h

for krav, you have to follow the specific curriculum. Also your instructor has to be certified to test you on that specific curriculum.

BJJ: pretty much they give you your belt when your instructor thinks you are ready. Then again, depending on whom you study with you get a different belt..like Gracie, Machado…
    sometimes a blue belt from a certain teacher is much better than a purple/brown from another one..

kmtakinkm

Chopper, This link will take you to the curriculum.

http://www.kravmagadfw.com/curriculum.html

caliwt

Ranks in EBMAS

Ranks in all Wing Tsun and Latosa Escrima systems have standardized testing requirments and follow the Prussian School System.

K-12 which we call Student Grades

and 10 Degrees, which we call Levels
    4 College degrees: AA, Bachlors, Masters, PhD are called Technical Levels

4 Post Doc/ Prof. Master levels which are Practioner Levels

and
    2 Head Master levels, like Deans of the college

The test standard is for the whole world, i.e. the lowest common standard to be expected from regular people. It is more of a record keeping method for instructors, as we often travel, so we can see the material each student is currently training, by their rank, without having meet them before. It does also serve as a goal for students to improve and pass tests, but that is not the point of having them.

psyops

Latosa Escrima?

Are you an instructor/student with them. Are Mr. Evangelista and Mr. Salcedo still a part of the Cadre?

caliwt

Re:

I am an assiatant Instructor as I have to get a few more grades to be an \”official\” instructor…. 😀

I have been doing it since 1998, under Master Rene, Emin B., and a few other guys here around Sacramento. Rene doesn’t really care about titles, but about quality.

http://www.escrima-concepts.com/index.html

quote \”Psyops\:

Are Mr. Evangelista and Mr. Salcedo still a part of the Cadre?

I don’t know these guys. They are old school Cabales students, Yes?

psyops

Back in 1995,

There was a small Latosa Escrima school in Dublin, Ca. Mr. Evangelista and Mike were the instructors. Mike used to live in L.A. he bounced at a couple top clubs. Nestor Evangelista was primarily a TKD instructor.

offshore
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: