Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Belt Ranks and Testing

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    mara-jade

Re: Belt Ranks and Testing

You can but they have to be very small(done that way to discourage spammers probably) – Can you just copy and paste the curriculum in your post?

sflakrav1

Mara,

I tried cutting and pasting but this section for some reason doesn’t allow me. Can I e-mail it to you as an attachment?

mara-jade

What format is it in? Unless it’s an image, you should be able to select the text, copy and paste. Are you running windows? Are you using the advanced editor here on the forum? If you are, you should see a paper clip above where you type in text when making a post. Another window will pop up showing how big an attachment can be depending on the file type.

blindfold

I have been attending Karate America KM for 3 years+ and I have gotten nothing as far as rank or belts. I just go and keep myself training.

As was previously stated Karate America is the only place around to learn KM. The sturcture that they have sucks. The Instructors are usually very good and they are tied by the HQ of Karate America.

happyloaf

I get that impression as well which sucks. My instructor is great. Hopefully, We will get to go to 2 classes a day. One krav and one fight but as always they need headquarters permission.

sflakrav1

Thanks for all the feedback. I haven’t been able to copy the curriculum. I will just type it in verbatim.

sflakrav1

The title of the curriculum is:

Krav Maga/Warrior Combat Systems Testing Curriculum

Here is the testing Curriculum

Level 1 Combatives 1-4 Warrior Combo 1-6 Jump Rope
    Level 2 Self Defense Choke All Around 1- Warrior Combo with Knees/Kicks 1-9 Jump Rope
    Level 3 Chokes all around/Bearhugs/Headlocks 1-8 Warrior Combo with knees/kicks 1-9 Jump Rope
    Level 4 All gun defenses 1-12 Warrior Combos with knees/kicks 1-12 Jump Rope
    Level 5 All Knife Defenses 1-15 Warrior combos with knees/kicks 1-15 Jump Rope
    Level 6 All Gun defenses 1-18 Warrior combos with knees/kicks 1-18 Jump Rope
    Level 7 All self defense multiple attackers /Fighting drills with partner and 1-4 with kicks 1-18 Jump rope
    Level 8 All weapon defense (gun,knife,stick) multiple attackers /fighting drills with partner 1-12 with kicks 1-18 Jump rope/all combatives
    Level 9 All self defense, all weapons, 4-day gun course 1-18 Warrior combo,fighting (3rd x 2 mins.) 1-18 Jump rope all combatives, fitness test 100 Push-ups,100 squats,5 min Jump rope, and last but not least Seminars:fighting 1-2-3,ground fighting 1-2-3,conditioning,nutrition,offensive knive,MMA 1-2-3.

That is the testing for all levels. if anyone needs copies, I will be glad to e-mail it to you.

Thanks.

thecrownsown

The level 1-9 is different…..at my centre I’ve never been required to jump rope for a minimum time, etc. Basically, if you don’t have a minimum level of fitness to do some push ups, etc…..there’s no way you could go through the workshop/test. My Level 1 test was 4 hours. It covered everything in the book.

That being said, every now and then our instructors like to mix things up a bit. If your repeating the same punches, kicks, etc. over and over again it’s nice of them to throw in a knife defence, or gun defense, or something new. It puts a renewed intrest by everyone. Especially if you’ve been training for 4-5 months at that level, are fairly proficient, and want to learn something new.

Wasn’t the whole belt/level thing a North American invention? Traditional martial arts would have you train, and then be awarded a black belt upon completion of a certain proficiency in asia. In N.A., we like steps, smaller challenges/objectives to reach for, and progress from there. Hence the yellow, orange, etc. belts. Personally, whether there are no belts, or a bunch of em’, it doesn’t matter as long as the instructor is doing his job and teaching you. 9 levels may be just that. They are taking smaller steps to ensure interest is kept in the program, and practitioners can feel they are progressing/achieving something. People love certificates/trophies, etc! 🙂

What is the retention rate of people at these 9 level programs? What are they at your centre? It would be interesting to see the numbers.

zen4me

quote sflakrav1:

The title of the curriculum is:

Krav Maga/Warrior Combat Systems Testing Curriculum

Thanks for posting, what is the Warrior Combat System? Haven’t heard of that before in conjunction with KM or on its own.

Thanks.
    – Kelly

bracius

Does anyone’s eyes roll when ever you hear “warrior”, “Commando”, etc used in promotional literature?

thecrownsown

quote Bracius:

Does anyone’s eyes roll when ever you hear “warrior”, “Commando”, etc used in promotional literature?

Absolutely! rofl2

But in reality, I think the “Rambo’s” who join don’t last long. It’s like the kid who watches all the Bruce Lee movies and joins Kung Fu for a couple of weeks……. rofl2

ryan

sflakrav1, please e-mail me the curriculum and the name of your facility.

Thanks,
    Ryan

[email protected]

sflakrav1

Ryan,

I just e-mailed it to you. Thanks for everyone’s responses.

happyloaf

I looked in my krav book and it only has 5 belt levels? Where do the others fit in?

We do a warm up at my karate america school that involves “warrior fit” it is basically a 10-12 min fast workout with burpies, pushups, situps, squats, and other exercises that vary each week. It is like the “named” crossfit workouts.

bracius

I’ll chime in with the bandwagon this one….it looks like they are milking their students for cash.

but…..if this the only KM studio in the area and they are teaching you then I guess its hard to complain. Bit of a rub but I would put up with it until another [good] studio opens near by

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: