Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums Student Lounge Best BJJ videos?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    wacki

I train in Krav but want to be at least familiar with BJJ while I focus on Krav. What’s the best BJJ video series out there? Right now I’m considering this:

Saulo Ribeiro’s “Jiu Jitsu Revolution”

http://www.amazon.com/Brazilian-Jiu-Jitsu-Revolution-Instructional-Grappling/dp/B000W0REZM

Re: Best BJJ videos?

If I were you I would skip the dvd and go with Saulo’s excellent book Jiu Jitsu University and supplement with youtube. The book is cheaper and is a much better foundation of information, with much better information, and you don’t have to carry a dvd player or laptop around with you; whatever techniques from the book you want to see done in a video you can find on youtube. I have that book and it has been invaluable to me as I refine my self-defense skills. Not everything in BJJ has to be done on the ground.

don

How much real/legit BJJ training or experience do you already have?

wacki

quote Don:

How much real/legit BJJ training or experience do you already have?

Just a couple of hours worth. I’m focusing on Krav right now and will continue to do for a while.

don

When I was at your level, I wouldn’t have benefitted all that much from “reference materials” (anything other than live instruction/rolling). If you’ve got the $, I guess it couldn’t hurt that bad – the material will always be good but you may not be in the best position to get the most for your money right now (YMMV). OTOH, like Timmy pointed out, there is a LOT of great stuff available on YouTube/internet. You may not be in the best position to take advantage of all that material either but at least it’s free…

don
    kevinmack

Matt Thortons Functional JKD volumes 1 and 2 have the best basic BJJ teachings in my opinion.

connorb

Try Gracie University.com
    I’m told that they have an excellent Blue belt program that you can accomplish on-line. You will need a training partner though but I understand that they have a data bank of individuals nationwide that will “roll” with you.

five04zog

Gracie Combatives is great but you will need someone to train with. You should train at a good BJJ/MMA school that trains non-sport BJJ if you can. Maybe split your training hours. i’ve been training BJJ for two years now and just now feel that i’m ready to start cross-training in Krav Maga. Just stay away from sport BJJ. I train 2/3 days a week at a school and once a week with a friend at home (Gracie Combatives/GST). I now plan to start training Krav Maga twice a week and BJJ one day a week (2 if I can fit it in). I say non-sport because you train Krav Maga and are likely more into non sport martial arts. But if sport i your thing, it can be fun.

Matt Thortons Functional JKD volumes 1 and 2 have the best basic BJJ teachings in my opinion

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: