Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Best compliment to Krav?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    legallyblack

So assuming I’m unable to find any places to continue my training when I head back to school, are there any other more fighting arts that might compliment my krav maga training?

I really don’t want to fall behind or “lose it” because I’ll only have trained 2.5 months out of the next 8.

kvmorl

Re: Best compliment to Krav?

Suggest maybe DVD set and Complete Krav book, find a crossfit gym around your area. If you get a friend to help you with self defense you will be golden….

safetyal

If you can’t find a self defense oriented place, how about an MMA place. A number of the basic moves in KM are similar to moves in MT and BJJ.

If nothing else, shadow fight to keep your edge. Crossfit is a great idea. Don’t need a gym for that.

psyops

JKD, Kajukenbo, Kempo are all good systems. An agressive Escrima school would work as well.

nixxon

I like BJJ to compliment groundwork. Also if you’re an objective thinker you can see how awesome BJJ is even standing up for self defense.

I hear Aikido is also awesome for joint maniuplations, throws, and locks.

Judo as well..

eric-joyce

I agree with most of what the people said here. Just be sure what you take as an art or method of self defense fits with your own goals.

jburtonpdx

Best compliment? Tell it how smart it is, how much it means to you…. Then make your next move, step in a little closer and…. wait thats not what you meant…

My favorite response is making sure whatever you do fits with your personal goals.

Where is school at?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: