Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Best MMA Style Gloves?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    reverend-sin

I was looking for good MMA Open Finger gloves and I figured I’d ask here since I don’t really know what to look for, I’ve been using first my Title boxing gloves and then my Century Kickboxing gloves, but I would prefer to wear mexican hand wraps and MMA gloves rather than boxing gloves for training, I looked at teh KOTC and UFC gloves on Ouano but they are really expensive and can the expense be justified? I’m a poor college student so I have to budget very closely to make sure everything is the best bang for your buck deal.

Also, I was thinking about getting the Power Ultra Shock Doctor Mouthguard for $19.99 anyone know of a better mouth guard? My teeth are very valuable to me, especially after I had the front two punched into the back of my throat (literally, the dentist had to use needlenose pliers to remove them from the flesh at the back of my throat) but luckily they were re-seated within 45 minutes so they healed up well all things considering.

Any advice would be very helpful, I want to replace my worn out equipment (had a 2$ cheapo mouth guard that I bit through during the last year of training) and I should be starting the Krav Maga class here in Hilo soon and it’d be nice to have better gear than I currently have. Right now I’m going to focus on Mouth Guards and MMA Gloves/Mexican-Style Hand Wraps because my shins are tough enough to withstand a beating and I don’t really use anything else for protection. Also going to purchase a pair of Century Kickboxing Focus Mitts and try to find a good set of Thai Pads, anyone know of some good ones that aren’t too heavy? My fiancee would be holding for me for the most part and she’s 5’4 and 100 pounds and the ones I used to train with were hard for me to hold up for long periods of time even.

armor-all

If you’re going for good value at a cheap price, I’d recommend the Century 4-ouncers (~$20). Mine lasted around a year averaging 3 classes a day, 6 days a week. You just need to use a needle to remove the stitching of the plastic cylinder apparatus they have sewn into the palm.

wyatt9696

these are what i wear. really well constructed. i used century gloves as well, but these, in my opinion are much better. they run around $38-50.00, depending on where you order them from. good luck.

http://www.harbingerfitness.com/html/catalog/Gloves/320.html

reverend-sin

Hand Wraps and Gloves/

Should I wear Hand Wraps and gloves at the same time? A lot of the guys I usually train with wear both the MMA gloves and their Mexican-style Hand Wraps, is it necessary or should I just wear one or the other? I’ve got a lot of problems with my wrists and could use the extra support, but I don’t want to limit myself and make it so I don’t develop the proper strength and technique in punching.

sip

brain pad is the way to go

I highly recommend the brain pad line of mouth guards. They give great top and bottom protection without feeling bulky, and they let in a lot of air compared to other double mouthguards I’ve tried. There also make singles if you don’t think you need top and bottom protection.

atakrav

Open Fingered Gloves

If you go to http://www.sherdog.com/eshop/10Browse.asp?category=Apparel:%20Gloves

You can actually get the Official gloves of King of the Cage, and The Ultimate Fighting Championships as well as a couple of others.

Or you can Krav Maga Gloves!

https://kravmaga.com/store/tek9.asp?pg=products&specific=jnrnnmp0

xkirian

Fairtex’s new \”Ultimate Combat Gloves\” are by far the best on the market for Krav as the way they are made you get a great deal of padding with contoured knuckle padding and the longer fingers add extra protection to the knuckles. The fingers are split at the base for dexterity and ventilation. They have excellent wrist support, no thumb and a patent-pending ergonomic ìopen palmî hand compartment for maximum hand sensitivity, so your inside defenses, clinching and self defense techniques are completely unaffected by the gloves.

I’ve used everything from the old \”Chuck Norris\” gloves, Century’s, Macho/TKO Gels, Harbingers, Kik Skins, Hunters, Boxergenics (Old UFC), Ouano’s (New UFC), Twins Shooto, et al, and the new Fairtex Gloves are tops.

Hope it helps,

Kirian

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: