Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Best Shoes For Training

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    kmman

I know this may have been beaten to death but what is the shoe you wear to train? I currently have Everlast, Aisics, Discipline but been wearing regukar sneakers or the Everlast.

vwr32

Re: Best Shoes For Training

you didn’t like the disciplines?

I to ask what you didn’t like about the disciplines.

I just got my first pair of Jaewoo Mid’s on Monday and I really like them so far. I get good ankle support and good kick support as well as not to much grip for round kicks. Before that I wore New Balance Cross Trainers and just had way to much grip on the mats for doing effective Round Kicks and the like.

skibum

I use Discipline high-tops – they are holding up so far for the 2nd year (2-3 times/week).

kmman

My Disciplines are too small so my son uses them. Im thinking of buying another pair so thats why I ask. Everlasts are great but they are not good when doing a lot of kicking because they arent made for that…great for footwork. I think Disciplines should give you a bit of protection…gonna order new pair.

kmman

They seem to run small. Can anyone tell me if you ordered larger size and larger by how much?

rottngirl

I’ve been wondering about this topic too; I notice a lot of women in our Training Center wearing Puma’s….anyone else where those, or what’s the general consensus? All I know is my cross trainers have a serious grip on the mat, which makes it an added challenge to execute some moves in class. :dunno:

quote KMMAN:

They seem to run small. Can anyone tell me if you ordered larger size and larger by how much?

Everywhere I looked said that the sizes run small. I ordered mine a half size larger than my normal shoe size and they fit perfectly. I normally wear a size 9 shoe and ordered the 9.5 and that did the trick for me.

bulldog

I ordered a pair a couple weeks ago,a full size bigger than I am, and they fit well.

kmman

Thanks, I figured that.

stevetuna

Where did you order these from?

quote stevetuna:

Where did you order these from?

I ordered mine from Quest Martial Arts Supply online and they had some of the best prices:

https://id286.securedata.net/questmartialartsupply.com/merchantmanager/product_info.php?products_id=91

The Discipline website has links for Authorized dealers at:

http://www.disciplinefootwear.com/martial-arts-footwear/martial-arts-footwear-dealers.html

bulldog

That’s cheaper than I paid….I got them at amazon for about 69>I guess I should have looked around a little more.

stevetuna

I just ordered the Disciplines. Thanks for the info, folks. I’ll let you know how they are after I get them (later this week).

Hope you like them Steve, I think you will.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: