Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Better to move constantly or stay rooted

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    balloo7

Hi guys, I have noticed that most people fight in one of two ways. In most sparring i either see the fighters moving and hopping around constantly (as in boxing or tae kwon do) for example. Or I see fighters staying rooted and only move when they are attacked (wing chun) for example. What is better and why?

don

Re: Better to move constantly or stay rooted

Depends on things like the individual, the environment, the opponent(s), the circumstances of the conflict, etc.

balloo7

I find when I am moving and being evasive constantly i find it harder to burst in and close the distance or launch defensive techniques as I am always out of position.

don

Maybe have someone check and/or work with you on your stance, footwork, and body mechanics?

All else being equal, I prefer to be mobile, evasive, and elusive. How much more challenging would it be to chop down a tree if it could move? And what if it could move and chop/hit back? 😀

connorb

I don’t recommend staying in one spot. Work on various attack angles which, unfortunately, seems to elude the curriculum of most fighting styles. Work on offense, defense and counterpunching footwork drills and you will be amazed at how easy it is to tag your opponents.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: