Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    medic1

Military member looking to learn Krav Maga. Stationed in Biloxi Mississippi is there any military instructors in this area?

devilnuts

Re: Biloxi

I believe for the Air Force there is a special self-defense course called “How to stop Marines from stealing your girlfriends…”

I kid, I kid.

medic1

quote DevilNuts:

I believe for the Air Force there is a special self-defense course called “How to stop Marines from stealing your girlfriends…”

I kid, I kid.

That is pretty funny. I know that because I’m in the Air Force everyone thinks oh he is probably out of shape and doesn’t know a thing about combat. I have never seen combat this it true but I am also a medic and am in very good shape because us junior enlisted have to be so the NCO’s don’t have to lift anything or break a nail. I will eventually see plenty of combat. I just want to be prepared for the unknown. You know what is sad though… The Air Force gives us like 4 hours with a rifle rofl2and thats it in basic and we never see it again untill we deploy. I am technically a “Non-Combatant” but does that matter to the isurgency in the middle east hell no! So i figured becoming prepared for this eventual fact of my career is a great idea and an awsome work out in the learning process. I found out today that there are some SPEC OPS instructors on base that may know a thing or two about KM or may even be willing to get certified as an instructor. I just need some more info from them and the site.

devilnuts

Hey don’t sweat it, I’ve been in the Corps for five years and still haven’t seen combat. The way things are going we may never get that chance.

munster

quote Medic1:

That is pretty funny. I know that because I’m in the Air Force everyone thinks oh he is probably out of shape and doesn’t know a thing about combat. I have never seen combat this it true but I am also a medic and am in very good shape because us junior enlisted have to be so the NCO’s don’t have to lift anything or break a nail. I will eventually see plenty of combat. I just want to be prepared for the unknown. You know what is sad though… The Air Force gives us like 4 hours with a rifle rofl2and thats it in basic and we never see it again untill we deploy. I am technically a “Non-Combatant” but does that matter to the isurgency in the middle east hell no! So i figured becoming prepared for this eventual fact of my career is a great idea and an awsome work out in the learning process. I found out today that there are some SPEC OPS instructors on base that may know a thing or two about KM or may even be willing to get certified as an instructor. I just need some more info from them and the site.

Hey man are you on keesler? If you cant find or attend or talk your unit into sending you to a course try and look around for some LINE (system) instructors the creator of the system lives about 20 min from hurlburt field and use to teach at the (TACP) schoolhouse so there around. Its a pretty good system and its better to have some tools in your tool box then none. If your deploying with an army unit ask about attending one of there combatives programs (your far better off though with LINE or krav). Since they dont really deal with self defense from weapons till like level 3 and that could take awhile to get to that part and its allot of grappeling, which isnt something Im going to be able do with full battle rattle. So dont forget to think practicality and what your needs are.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: