Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    siayn

Not sure if I posted this here before, so forgive me if I have. (I post on a few different forums that I cannot keep track of)

With the blood banks making requests for blood due to hurricane devastation, I noticed alot of schools, business, and clubs in my area doing blood drives. Most blood banks have mobile units that come out to the location and does the donations on site.

So here is my idea…. Krav bleed n fight blood drive.

Since we always try to practice realistic situations in Krav, how about we \”simulate\” getting stabbed, loosing a pint of blood, and seeing how our body reacts when it starts to loose fluids. So do a blood drive, everyone looses a pint to donations, then you run a special knife defense class for everyone that donated.

Some people won’t even notice a difference. Others will be strangley natious or light-headed. I personally feel like I am just out of energy and dont have the extra push that I normally have. It’s good to know how your body will react (at least as much as we can simulate it) so that you can be better prepared to survive a situation where you loose blood.

It’s a win-win. Blood bank gets blood to help people, and you get to simulate blood loss and learn what it takes to push through it doing fighting drills.

Anyway, just an idea.

andre

I don’t now how safe that is for your body. Also, your not supposed to put any unneeded strain on the arm they took blood from for several hours.

siayn

Andre said – \”I don’t now how safe that is for your body.\”

Well loosing blood isnt supposed to be safe, that why someone tries to stab you in the first place. But I doubt anyone is going to have a heart attack because they are missing just a pint. If anyone has medical background I would be curious to hear your opinions on this one.

I guess the logic for this is similar what we did at the police department with pepper spray. All sworn deputies have to get sprayed with pepper spray before they are allowed to carry it. This is so that when they use it in a small space, or get bad wind blowing it back in their face, they know how to function and how their body reacts. When I went through chemical training at MCSO, there were about 30 guys in my class. Some guess were rendered blind and could barely breath from the spray (like me), some guys could open their eyes, some couldnt. One guy – it just made his eyes water, but he was just fine. The learning point was that you needed to know how your body reacts, cause everyone is different.

I am definately curious about the safety of something like this. I have gone to three Krav classes within a few hours after donating blood over the last year. Aside from feeling a bit weak, I have been fine.

andre

I have also, and though I am not an MD, I would imagine for some, the results wouldn’t be favorable. And giving blood is a lot different then getting it taken from you.

I’m not trying to be a detractor, though it might come of that way.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: