Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics BOB’s tearin up my gloves

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    nate

I just recently picked up one of those Century BOB punching bags so I could use it with the Bas workouts, and it’s worked out pretty well so far, but I found small tears all over my boxing gloves after a couple weeks. I’m using the Revgear Elite boxing gloves, so they’re not crap gloves that should break down easily. My guess is BOB’s fair skin is just pretty tough and the hooks hitting sharp edges of the chin and nose are beating up the gloves.

Has anyone else come across this or have any ideas so I don’t eat through gloves and have to buy a new pair every couple months?

Maybe it’s just as simple as putting a ski mask on BOB so he doesn’t cut my gloves, but he’s scary enough as it is. He spooked me plenty the first week I brought it home.

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

Re: BOB’s tearin up my gloves

That’s weird, theres nothing really sharp on the bob. Show me next time you see me I want to see what the cuts look like.

Maybe switch to your MMA small gloves?

ds314

I’ve used both MMA gloves plus boxing gloves so far on Bob and they do not have a problem. I did my my winter jacket from the Army and my winter cap that comes done and covers everything on the face and neck except for the mouth, nose and eyes.
    DS314

I just got a Bob.

I noticed it seems to be covered with a rubbery substance that may be causing extra friction damaging your gloves. This may be residue from the manufacturing process. I have noticed it is not nearly as slick as the regular Wavemasters.

The manuel says nothing about this other than it can be clean with ordinary houshold cleaners.

It may need to be cleaned off and possibly treated with something(possibly some type of oil) as well.

Perhaps an e-mail or phone call to Century is in order. Please let us know what you find out.

CCB

kmman

BOB is a pretty tough guy. Do you expect him to just stand there and take the punishment without some sort of retaliation?

nate

Well CJ’s Dad took a look at my gloves and told me I had falsely accused BOB. The nicks on my gloves are from general use, so I now formally pardon BOB from his crimes against my bag gloves.

sanbaifo

OT: Nate, How do you like the Elite boxing gloves? Are they much sleeker than regular one?

nate

I’ve never used the regular one, only the Elites, so I can’t really give ya an opinion on that one. The Elites are great though, never treated me wrong.

michael

I’ve been using the MMA gloves on my BOB for several years now with no problems. I often do not use gloves when hitting BOB, but sometimes I do, but haven’t noticed any problems.

clfmak

That sounds like it could be related to incorrect punching technique. You should double check your form.

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

quote CLFMak:

That sounds like it could be related to incorrect punching technique. You should double check your form.

Nates form is fine 🙂

unstpabl1

Nate, I’m betting your punches have gotten so hard and so fast the friction is burning up the leather.bow1 If thats the case BOB will melt by the end of summer. Then you can brag you killed BOB:beer: And do an advertisement for Krav Bag Classes. End up with a career Like jerrod from Subway.

nate

quote unstpabl1:

Nate, I’m betting your punches have gotten so hard and so fast the friction is burning up the leather.bow1 If thats the case BOB will melt by the end of summer. Then you can brag you killed BOB:beer: And do an advertisement for Krav Bag Classes. End up with a career Like jerrod from Subway.

LOL I dunno about all that. BOB’s pretty tough, dunno if I’ll be able to kill him anytime soon. You gotta love BOB though; he’s great for practicing full power elbows, knees, and headbutts.

And CFLMak – I think my form is ok, but thanks for the operator error vote.

unstpabl1

quote nate:

LOL I dunno about all that. BOB’s pretty tough, dunno if I’ll be able to kill him anytime soon. You gotta love BOB though; he’s great for practicing full power elbows, knees, and headbutts.

Yeah and he never whines, screams or bleeds on the floor. Plus every other night he scares the crap out of you when you get up in the middle of the night to pee and forget he’s there:woohoo: Situational awareness practice as 30 seconds later you find yourself outta breath, soiled and got BOB in a rear naked(literally) death grip. If you live in an apartment the whole building wakes up to your warrior cry,but they seem to think you sounded like a little girl….Oh by the way I got a BOB for sale, neighbors are forcing sale;):

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: