Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    siayn
    onlyflesh

wow, burritos and a pitbull….crazy.

clfmak

After seeing this, I had to dig around to find this video:
    http://www.compfused.com/directlink/148/

anonymous

Fighting over a MICROWAVED 7-11 Burrito!? Now thats crazy.

ffdo

Anyone have the link for the pitbull defense????

JC

jeff-p

Re:

quote \”FFDO\:

Anyone have the link for the pitbull defense????

JC

http://12.107.28.178/viewtopic.php?t=468

clfmak

On Tuesady night, I was walking at a large park with a friend of mine. A big dog came running towards us from a distance. You never know if a random dog running towards you is being friendly or is out to get you. My instinct in these situations kicked in- climb on top of something high (I’ve done it lots of times with success). We were by a baseball field, so I climbed on one of those bleachers and hoped it wouldn’t be able to climb up. My friend didn’t really do anything (it happened pretty fast). It jumped up on him and started licking him. He asked me if I would have helped him if the dog attacked him (kicked it off). I said yes, and thought out what I could have done. In my experience (both a dog (actually a coyote) biting myself and stories from others) kicking a dog has little effect, and may make the wound worse. When a coyote bit me, I kicked it in the head repeatedly with my other leg, and it didn’t blink, and I think that may be the reason that now I have elongated cutlike scars on my foot instead of puncture wounds. I figured choking would be the way to go, assuming dog neck anatomy is the same as human.
    Oh, wait, that was a joke question 😳

kravmdjeff

At some point someone has to just offer to make him another burrito…

kravmdjeff

I’ve always wondered about Krav defenses against attack dogs for real, especially since those who are up on their WWII history know that the Nazis made extensive use of aggressive German Shepherds and I can’t imagine someone from Imi’s neighborhood wasn’t at some point attacked and injured or killed by a military-trained canine.

Perhaps this is my naivete showing, but I’m actually interested. Maybe a Krav instructor could talk with a veterenarian or someone else who could speak authoritatively on how a dog would react to certain types of situations?

The thought came up again after watching Unleashed and thinking about how a dog fights compared to a human. Jet Li did a great job getting outside the box of human psychology in the way he portrayed combat.

saxman314

It’s like a knife fight, you’re gonna get cut anyway, so try to minimize damage taken and maximize damgae done: reach down his throat. If that doesn’t screw him up enough, grab his tongue and pull it out. I remember reading about some octagenarian who did that when a panther attacked him. The panther bled out and he was fine, though his friend had to help him get up!

anonymous

Good story!!! 😆

saxman314

Yeah, so I embellished about needing the friend’s help… made it a better story. Read it and weep.

http://www.smh.com.au/news/unusual-tales/granddad-silences-leopard/2005/06/23/1119321836787.html

anonymous

I guess he was just following God’s advice, which is probably a good thing to do in these types of situations, but I wonder what would have happened if he had stuck the machete into the panther’s mouth instead. Maybe he could have pushed it all the way into his throat and cause some big time damage.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: