Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Calories burned per class?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    chicochi

How many calories do you think are burned during an average class? I’ve read that kickboxing burns 800 calories an hour. Could it be that much?

jburtonpdx

I hope so…. Funny this was posted, I was going to start a thread about the exercise/ calorie burning aspect of Krav. Personally I am 275 lbs now and should be about 180.

I do Krav 2 a week and work out on my own 2 times a week. I am about to realy try and kick it up, workout twice a day on the non Krav days and do that at least 3 times a week along with restricting my calories. I bring this up as I want to put myself in a position where people will know what I am doing and I cant hide from not doing it!

I should shut up, get off the computer and go workout now… talk to you later

maskedkat

It depends on your weight and how hard you’re working. I was surprised… 800 kcal per hour sounds like a lot, but according to this

http://www.caloriecontrol.org/exercalc.html

I’d burn 400 some-odd calories in a 45-minute workout at my weight (120).

I use 600 as an approximation. My class is an hour long, but the last 15 minutes are typically defense tactics.

Check out http://www.24hourfitness.com/html/fitness/fit_calc/ – they have a couple fitness calculators which are useful if you are considering caloric reduction. I was pretty shocked to learn what my Resting Metabolic Rate (RMR) is.

sexybaldman

Re:

quote \”Sledge Hammer\:

I use 600 as an approximation. My class is an hour long, but the last 15 minutes are typically defense tactics.

Check out http://www.24hourfitness.com/html/fitness/fit_calc/ – they have a couple fitness calculators which are useful if you are considering caloric reduction. I was pretty shocked to learn what my Resting Metabolic Rate (RMR) is.

wow, according to that website I burn about 3800 calories. I choose Martial Arts and 180 minutes and I weigh 280. I usually do 3 hour classes.

Re:

quote \”SexyBaldMan\:

quote \”Sledge Hammer\:

wow, according to that website I burn about 3800 calories. I choose Martial Arts and 180 minutes and I weigh 280. I usually do 3 hour classes.

LoL .. You usually do 3 hour classes??? 😆 You did one and nearly passed out!!! Oh Yeah!!!

sexybaldman

hahahaha…That was your first 3 hour session to fool…..And all i heard wa show sore you were. You gurly man….OH YEAH!

uzh

Re: Calories burned per class?

I recently got a Polar F6 heart rate monitor to check my caloric burn in class vs home workouts. Of course it depends on your size (male @ 5’9″/230lbs), but for a 60 minute class I am burning on average ~950 calories. At home working out for ~40 minutes I am averaging ~500 calories. I have noticed that the caloric burn really increases after the first 30 minutes. Even if you just shadowbox keep your heart rate up for an extra 15 minutes and you’ll burn a lot more.

I researched the monitors before picking them up and it has good reviews on its accuracy. I re-researched it after wearing it through my first class because I didn’t believe it at first.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: