Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    raddy

Hey there guys,

This is my first post on these forums !! I hope to learn a lot from everyone here. Have been practicing Krav Maga for 2 1/2 years and hope to continue for a lor more !!

I was wondering if anyone knows a good resource (video/book/dvd/opinions) which specializes in defense from a car/seated position.

When me and my friend tried to practice some, I found that Gun disarms are easy, but knife disarms get a little tricky since it’s harder for me to close the gap and use the common joust defense and I am totally lost when it comes to having a knife held from behind the seat (again a gun disarm from this position feels so much easier and everything feels easier from a chair than in a car)

As a small observation, lethal close quarter strikes become really useful from this postion (elbow to carotid artery/wind pipe, nose, eyes, ears, temple, skull base, back of neck) But anything below the arms just doesn’t cut it (strike to the B**** etc.) since most of the attacks from the car jacker makes him close or cross his legs up and it takes a little effort and focus from our part (2 things we know aren’t going to be on a rookie’s side (me) when in a fight -_-“…)

Thanks !!

eric-joyce

Re: Car Jacking Self Defense

I know in the book, Black Belt Krav Maga, they have a section on carjacking. You may want to start there for some info. Also, Kelly McCann, aka Jim Grover, has a DVD out now called:
    Car Kem-‘ba-tivz: Fighting in Confined Spaces that looks pretty interesting. I plan on getting it myself. Here is a little clip of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9AVk4DdCco&feature=player_embedded#!

Good luck with your search.

resqr1

quote Eric Joyce:

I know in the book, Black Belt Krav Maga, they have a section on carjacking. You may want to start there for some info. Also, Kelly McCann, aka Jim Grover, has a DVD out now called:
    Car Kem-‘ba-tivz: Fighting in Confined Spaces that looks pretty interesting. I plan on getting it myself. Here is a little clip of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9AVk4DdCco&feature=player_embedded#!

Good luck with your search.

I’ve seen most of this video. It’s an excellent resource!!!

northbabbey

This one is superb. I hope I can master all self defense skills.

eli

Kelly always has his head screwed on straight. This one is no exception.

This is a general rule, but especially in tight quarters: strikes are king. Don’t get caught up chasing hands and grappling. Keep it tight and short, and fill the space between you and your attacker before he/she can.

james-koley

Carjacking has gained popularity in recent years due to technological advances in anti-theft devices. Car Alarms, wheel and steering locks, vehicle tracking systems and kill switches…..

miles47

Nice post there are many person searching about that now they will find enough resources by your post. Thanks for sharing.

chal4oye

Don’t get caught up chasing hands and grappling. Keep it tight and short, and fill the space between you and your attacker before he/she can.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: