Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums Student Lounge CC guy shoots robber

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    paul

the drudgereport had a story from Miami, concerning a customer @ BK shooting an armed robber. The perp. was killed, the customer was shot and wounded. The comments left by readers are filled with: another bad guy bites the dust, to, what if a bystander was shot. What interested me is the empathy toward the perp. people seemed to know that he just wanted to rob the store and not shoot as many people as possible. There were comments as too why would a customer pull a gun and ramp up the situation thereby placing more people at risk. I guess what i am getting at, is why are people more afraid of a non criminal carrying a gun, than some armed robber.

mariusnc

Re: CC guy shoots robber

It’s a tough call. How do you gauge whether lives are at stake or if the gun is just used to intimidate? Depending on the situation, fighting back can be the worse option.

Nonetheless, the perp broke the law and placed innocent people at risk. The customer should not be held responsible by the people. A criminal is a criminal and should be treated as such.

prekarious1

If you pull a gun, be ready to use the gun. If he pulled it out simply for intimidation factor, he learned a good lesson. If he actually meant to use it, he needs a new profession.

No sympathy

unstpabl1

Society teaches us not to rock the boat. Be sheep. Officer 1st responder will take care of all your problems. besides if you fight back they got laws to use against ya.

Hey Pre1 glad to see your alive;): Hope all is getting better:beer:

mike

quote prekarious1:

If you pull a gun, be ready to use the gun. If he pulled it out simply for intimidation factor, he learned a good lesson. If he actually meant to use it, he needs a new profession.

No sympathy

Yea, be ready cuz god knows I will be. Second someone’s life is in danger you just bought your ticket outta this world my friend, with or without me goin with ya

paul

there was a shooting at a nursing home in NC. A LEO was in the area, rushed in and shot and killed the perp. the police officer was also shot in the leg.
    the news stories praised and rightly so, his actions and the fact that he saved lives by putting his own in danger. Now, if this were a CC citizen with the same results the stories would have been quite different. that is what drives me nuts.

kirsten

Times are a changing… work those gun defenses guys but also make sure you have an “out” at all times and now the best route to an escape as soon as you enter a room. Even driving, make sure you leave enough room to drive away when at a stop light or stop sign if approached by a hostile person… ALWAYS have an out.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: