Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    kravdisciple

Hello , at first I would like to apologize for my poor English.

I’m specifically talking about the choke release technique were you take the oponnents hands down , meanwhile doing a groin kick.

I have a problem because I am not sure how to grab the enemy by the hands and take his arms down. During Krav practise , I didn’t have the power to take the enemys hands down , am I grabbing his wrists wrong or what?

I heard something about grabbing the enemys thumbs (?) but how is that possible if his thumbs stick to your neck?

Thanks!

kior

Re: Choke?

Hi there,

Are you referring to the basic technique where you make a two handed pluck whist kicking or kneeing the groin? If so then you are plucking his hands not grabbing them (it’s quicker and easier). You should be making the defence close to your neck, ideally grabbing at the thumbs. Focus on making it explosive and hard but not pulling the hands too far, you only need to move them a little bit to stop the choke.

kravdisciple

quote Kior:

Hi there,

Are you referring to the basic technique where you make a two handed pluck whist kicking or kneeing the groin? If so then you are plucking his hands not grabbing them (it’s quicker and easier). You should be making the defence close to your neck, ideally grabbing at the thumbs. Focus on making it explosive and hard but not pulling the hands too far, you only need to move them a little bit to stop the choke.

Alrighty then. I shall practise

seeq-qc

A tip i developed for myself to encourage an explosive pluck is as i reach my hand into the space between my attackers hands to execute the pluch, I don’t immediately grab their hands and go for the pluck – i overreach, crossing my left and right hands in front of my neck so that the plucking motion starts further away, has a “running start” so to speak, resulting in more power and momentum i.e., with my right hand i reach as far left toward my left shoulder as i can within the space between the attackers hands/arms even touching the right hand of the attacker and then explosively pluck back towards the target left hand of the attacker, pulling the hand away.

It’s simpler than it sounds it’s just hard to explain in written word but give it a try…it helped my when i couldn’t generate enough force to pluck away a determined choke grip from a stronger opponent.

mgothers

I also find that if I am envisioning that my hands are unstoppable and able to come completely down a huge help. If you allow yourself to only thing of plucking and your hands stopping there…then your hands will stop there. The mind is really easily taken by the suggestion of stopping, but if you can believe and envision them not stopping, then I think you may find more success even with a larger/stronger attacker.
    Practice when you can and make sure you hear your hands hitting your chest.

-m

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: