Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics CJ’s dad Intro to Fight

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    unstpabl1

Enjoyed watching his class last night. It wasn’t all combatives as fast and furious as possible. It was about movement. Hit get out circle around and away from the weapon. I wasn’t feeling good enough to steal the drills, but got the importance and the sophustication of it

Building solid fundamentals may seem boring, but its the glue that holds things together

Saw a lot of good training at kmso last nightthumbsup

ericajow

Re: CJ’s dad Intro to Fight

Ahhhh. So THAT’s who you are, unstpabl1. 😉

kirsten

Awesome! Like I always say… If your feet can’t get your butt where it needs to be, then all that striking won’t matter! I been beating the drum for years that footwork is the key to training in anything.

Good Job CJ’sDad. And yes, KMWSO is awesome!

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

Thanks Unstop, it was good to see you. You’re looking in great shape!

As far as the curriculum for the intro to fight class the idea is as you mentioned strong fundamentals in a fun environment, movement actually being the lynchpin.

Many of the NTC instructors have been through the Bas Rutten training and implement those footwork drills and others Oneness taught as part of the regular curriculum.

Its Bas’ belief that students just starting out need strong emphasis on the following things.

1. Footwork/movement
    2. Understanding distance continuum (which you heard me explain as “the protractor” concept)
    3. Building muscle memory in a string of techniques with the movement being a part of that string.
    4. Repetition in basics and strikes that build confidence and retention
    5. Cohesive integration with concepts, principles and movements of Krav Maga.
    6. Overcome fear of contact by building confidence and recognition through training drills

All of these things I’ve integrated into our program and I believe that’s why its so successful.

Oneness feel free to correct me or add anything but that’s what I’ve taken away from the Bas system and that’s whats working for students in my classes.

unstpabl1

quote Ericajow:

Ahhhh. So THAT’s who you are, unstpabl1. 😉

:cool:SSSSSSHHHHHH!!!

Yeah I know I’m better looking on the internet:(: Smarter too. thank you for all your help

mike

unstpabl1

quote CJs Dad:

Thanks Unstop, it was good to see you. Youíre looking in great shape!

As far as the curriculum for the intro to fight class the idea is as you mentioned strong fundamentals in a fun environment, movement actually being the lynchpin.

Many of the NTC instructors have been through the Bas Rutten training and implement those footwork drills and others Oneness taught as part of the regular curriculum.

Its Basí belief that students just starting out need strong emphasis on the following things.

1. Footwork/movement
    2. Understanding distance continuum (which you heard me explain as ìthe protractorî concept)
    3. Building muscle memory in a string of techniques with the movement being a part of that string.
    4. Repetition in basics and strikes that build confidence and retention
    5. Cohesive integration with concepts, principles and movements of Krav Maga.
    6. Overcome fear of contact by building confidence and recognition through training drills

All of these things Iíve integrated into our program and I believe thatís why its so successful.

Oneness feel free to correct me or add anything but thatís what Iíve taken away from the Bas system and thatís whats working for students in my classes.

I don’t recommend my dietrofl2

I went to Noble today, met all sorts of great people. Sam Sade, Jarret Arthur, Mike Burton and the day staff…sorry about the names…knew who Sam, Jarret and Mike were before

the thing I respect krav for is the ability to break the fundamental down and then evolve it. I watched Sam do it today from breakfall, to escape, to kick, to reversal and a few evolutions I just forgot.

I’ve said many times its not what you train but, how you train it. There is a structure to the teaching, that is fundamentally sound. learn it thru phsaes and then you can apply

Critics may knock your techniques, but can never question your methodology nor the results

Nice meeting you all last few days. Sam, thank you for going out of your way talking diet for my needs

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: