Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    jwebb88

Hi Guys,

I’m new here (sorry if this is in the wrong place) and I’m looking to start learning Krav Maga. In the area I learn in, there are only two schools, one is a CKM place and the other a KMG place.

Which of these two would be a better place to learn?

If it makes a difference, the CKM place has an actual gym set up permanently, while the KMG place uses some scout halls (and I assume bring their own gear to use).

Can someone please help me out?

Re: CKM or KMG

Hi if I were you, Going with the permanent gym so you can exersice with good form & technique. ( has nothing to do with KM ) thumbsup

As for either one of Krav Maga, that would be best answered by KMWW.

jwebb88

I have just read the sticky’d post about CKM, so i don’t think I want to do that one. Can anyone give me info on whether or not Krav Maga Global is going to teach me actual Krav Maga?

vinman

quote jwebb88:

I have just read the sticky’d post about CKM, so i don’t think I want to do that one. Can anyone give me info on whether or not Krav Maga Global is going to teach me actual Krav Maga?

yes, KMG is a good system run by Eyal Yanilov’s group. I trained with them in Israel over the summer and found it to be more practical and aggressive than the KMWW school that I previously trained at

I would recommend KMG, as CKM is not even really krav maga. Eyal Yanilow is one hell of a good instructor that runs KMG. Go for it!

lennykravitz

There is only one choice in this instance. Avoid ckm like the plague!

bear34

Anything you learn from Eyal’s people is going to be top notch. Sorry JewishFitness, but some of the things you say make me laugh. Because KMWW is biggest here doesn’t make them the best.

I am not completely aware of the politics of Krav Maga and I just read the sticky thread this morning and went oh well …I was talking about the gym itself and left that for better people to respond as they would know more about Krav Maga.

kmyoshi

If you only had those as your options definitely go with KMG. While I believe CKM does teach techniques that will work in a self-defense situation, KMG is true to Krav Maga whereas CKM is only riding the popularity of the term “Krav Maga.” You can read the sticky at the top of this forum which will discuss the ethical/integrity issues of CKM.

In the larger scope of things, every system and organizations will have their great instructors and not so great instructors. Take a class at wherever you want to train at and decide for yourself.

jwebb88

There is also an IKMF place thats opening in a month or too. Go along to that place and the KMG place and see which one I like better?

kmyoshi

Yup, definitely check out whichever training center fits your schedule and definitely check them out before you sign any yearly contracts or whatnot. If I’m not mistaken, Eyal Yanilov who now runs Krav Maga Global (KMG) was once Chief Instructor of International Krav Maga Federation (IKMF) so I don’t think their curriculum or teaching style will differ too much from each other but of course, try it for yourself as that’s always better than hearing third party information.

revobuzz

CKM sucks.

KMG is great.

danielos

Choose for KMG

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: