Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Class mix: age range/work ethic complications?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Our classes are mostly adult.
    Mostly.
    There are a few kids who come in on a semi-to-regular basis. And while I have no problem with their age, I do have an issue with their commitment levels. Usually, they’re the ones that barely put any effort into the cardio and cringe a lot during the drills. They’re forever running out of the room for water and to sit when they get winded. It’s like they’ve never had to work hard a day in their lives.
    I try to psych them up, to get them motivated. I give them scenarios they might run into during the drills, you know stuff to get them emotional, pissed, anxious. But to no avail. They still massage the pads and cringe everytime you hit them.
    Any ideas on how to get them more enthused during the drills?
    I don’t mind working out with them, but I want them to take it somewhat seriously and have some work ethic when it comes to drilling.
    And seriously: some of these guys are bound to need Krav at some point.

ds314

Re: Class mix: age range/work ethic complications?

Last Saturday there were about 5 highschool age kids at class. All of them where around 5-5 and around 130 lbs. Personally I thought all of them had good attitudes and seemed to enjoy themselves.

Dave

happyloaf

Hey nothing wrong with being 5-5 and 130! I was that size in high school and I”m not 5-6 and 155 about a decade later….I’m in great shape but easily the smallest guy in my krav class. The few high school students we have are bigger and stronger then I am and I thought I was in good shape….

matt-v

Well when I train the kids I see around 18-19 only show maybe once a week, if that. Granted maybe they’re doing some of the MMA classes the gym offers that I don’t go to but still, whats up with that? Not to say that when they do show they don’t try hard which I say they do. the adults show up a little more often about 2-3 times a week.

OT: As a matter of fact I think i’m the only one at all who shows up about 4-5 times a week. This poses the question, is it weird that I’m there that often?

jburtonpdx

quote Matt V:

OT: As a matter of fact I think i’m the only one at all who shows up about 4-5 times a week. This poses the question, is it weird that I’m there that often?

Not at all, that kind of obsessi… err I mean dedication led me to where I am at with Krav Maga now…

saruotoko

quote Matt V:

Well when I train the kids I see around 18-19 only show maybe once a week, if that. Granted maybe they’re doing some of the MMA classes the gym offers that I don’t go to but still, whats up with that? Not to say that when they do show they don’t try hard which I say they do. the adults show up a little more often about 2-3 times a week.

Not even a bit weird. I’m at the school 5 days a week, and when I move closer to the school, I’ll add a 6th day. It’s just…..when I’m not feeling a bit sore, I know something’s up because I didn’t get my Krav beat-down. 🙂

Mario

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: