Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    fwbulldog

What do you think is the appropriate Level 1 KM class size? One instructor, how many students?

Regards,
    Kurt

jason-koepke

However many you (or your instructor) think you can handle. I’ve done 22. Level I classes at KMNTC are pretty big, I know.

Jason

armor-all

I’ve done as many as 30 a couple of times, and that was tough but manageable. Somewhere around 20 seems to be more comfortable, to me personally at least.

binagaki

Honestly it will depend on mat space and the number of instructors available. A class of 30 can easily be managed by one instructor if the room is big enough, but if it starts getting cramped because of the number of people it becomes much harder to control.

I like classes to be around 25 students, but if I was consistently winding up with 30+ in a class I would probably bring in a second instructor or start adding more classes to the schedule!

fwbulldog

Thanks everybody. The class I will be joining is around 16 people, taught by Todd Bradley. Todd was trained by Darren Levine, and I’m excited to get started.

I’ve never taken any sort of MA class before, so I didn’t know if 16 people would be considered a large class. It’s a lot of money (for me), so I’m hoping to get my money’s worth.

Thanks for the replies.

runnergirl

The largest class I’ve been in was 12 people I think. We average 8 or so, but occasionally there’ll be only three of us. I like it small, but the smaller the group the more I get picked on, so bigger can be better

alny1

8) REMEMBER , SIZE DOESN’T MATTER

binagaki

16 students is a good solid number. Large enough that you can keep the energy up in the room, but not so large that you’re getting lost in the shuffle.

Have fun, and welcome to the Krav Maga family!

wyatt9696

my classes have ranged from 8-20. before the holidays, they were quite small. that was nice in a way(more 1 on 1) with the instructor. i don’t have a preference as to class size. i try and work as hard whether there’s 2 or 22. i’ve found a benefit of larger classes, is that when you’re partnered up to work techniques, the more people the better. different body styles, weights, height, strength, makes for a more rounded workout. each classmate brings something a little different to the table. just my 2 cents. take care all.

anonymous

My favorite class size is two – me and the teacher! 😉

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: